Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my sr swap , running a 3 in exhaust w/cat,s15 t28 turbo, fmic,
what are the pros and cons of replacing my cat with a 3in test pipe??

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
pros: slight HP gain (3-5hp), exhaust gets louder and will probably shoot flame.

cons: Exhaust gets louder and will probably shoot flames. Exhaust will smell really bad and in California, running without a cat is a $1200 fine regardless of the legality of the engine.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
it's illegal (depending on where you live this could be a major problem), you'll be helping to make our environment even worse than it already is, your car will be louder

on the other hand it will be faster

that's probably all you wanted to hear, fuck emissions and the environment. just don't have any kids or they'll hate you for ruining the world for them :gaylaugh

you could always get a 3" high flow cat as another option.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
WreckedMyZ said:
i dont run a cat. but nobody really cares here in GA. sorry for ruining the environment.
damn right! my bronco runs so rich i can light the exhaust with a stick lighter. no matter where you are if your car came equipped with a cat and theres not one on it when the cops deside to be dicks your gonna get a ticket.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pipe

Yeah i live in los angeles and it would be no fun to get a ticket but my car is so low i dought they could see if it was a cat or a testpipe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i loved to drive around on a friday night and look for civics in my s13.
i had rb20det with 4" down pipe to side pipe right out under the door hinges.
i could blow fire balls on there door .. lol ahah
and it sounded horrible.. lol
not was bad as my brothers bridge-ported 13b. -
BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH .... fuckin chain saw..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha ha

i loved to drive around on a friday night and look for civics in my s13.
i had rb20det with 4" down pipe to side pipe right out under the door hinges.
i could blow fire balls on there door .. lol ahah
and it sounded horrible.. lol
not was bad as my brothers bridge-ported 13b. -
BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH .... fuckin chain saw..
Yeah i always get those hondas throwin revs at me. I would love to heat up there night a bit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
geist said:
damn right! my bronco runs so rich i can light the exhaust with a stick lighter. no matter where you are if your car came equipped with a cat and theres not one on it when the cops deside to be dicks your gonna get a ticket.
That Kicks ass :thumbsup

·
Registered
557 Posts
Let say you have an aftermarket exhaust manifold, down pipe, test pipe, 3 inch cat back with this muffler

Can you shoot flames out or will that muffler make it harder to do so? Also can you shoot flames with a high flow cat or will that just melt it??

·
Registered
696 Posts
My advice. Be careful running open cat (no cat)

IF someone rats you out to EPA, they will recieve 10% or somthing like that out of your fine (1200.00 bucks) as a reward :)

any shop who deals with your car (ethically speaking) must turn you in or they risk of getting shut down.

Do it at your own risk or get owned

1 - 12 of 12 Posts