Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I want all of you, those trolling the forum without any reason other than because you can, to contribute.

This site needs more activity.

Also, post in serious threads. If you're going to be on the site and clicking on threads and not reply, you are part of the problem. That being said, I know I'm part of the problem, but it's only because I had to sell my 240 and couldn't really do more than miss it every day.

Share, people. Share!

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's inactive because most of the OGs, myself included, got girlfriends, gaming consoles, or anything else introduced to the world 6 years ago that made forums a little less enticing.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Social media definitely took a lot away from the forums, but a lot of us also moved on from the s-chassis and gained other responsibilities. Here are mine, a wife of 5 years, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old. Plus, my current Nissan beater.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Social media definitely took a lot away from the forums, but a lot of us also moved on from the s-chassis and gained other responsibilities. Here are mine, a wife of 5 years, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old. Plus, my current Nissan beater.
Those are some ultra cute chiddrins. I don't have, nor do I plan, to have them, but I have enough little cousins and neices/nephews to compensate.

I'm engaged after 11years together (there's a perfectly good reason for that). I've taken up woodworking. We bought a house last year that we're trying to work on little by little whilst planning a wedding, assuming this year doesn't end up wasting all of humanity. I still don't own a Nissan, but I'm still looking for the right one.

And that's just the tip of the head. Ha.

All in all, I miss the community and the people I got along with so very well, such as yourself, but it hasn't been easy. I came back in the hopes of still seeing some of yous guys around since I don't have social media (because I absolutely willingly gave it up; people suck). I feel I made the right choice.

Hopefully we'll keep seeing names pop up, even if eventually.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pics of the house and a partial of the back yard when we first bought it. (And there's a ton more, but since I am on my cell I don't have the patience to deal with the mobile version of the site for more.) Some woodworking projects I completed for some customers. I can't attach more because now there's a limit?

Meh.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
That's a gorgeous place, I wish I had talents like woodworking, I've never been artistic. Lol

Thanks, those two and the wife are just a small part of all the things that have happened since I've been back in the U.S. and rid of my S14. My oldest, from another mom, is 19 and getting ready to turn me into a grandfather. That's a whole long story, too.

I was going to ask about social media, we have a conversation going on FB Messenger, that involves a few us from here; Boostin, Scoot, Steve, and a couple others. I understand not being on there, it's frustrating at times, especially now.

Anyway, if we keep this going, hopefully more people will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Hey y'all,

I really have missed this site, and the ~10 people here that I used to talk to.

You guys still have a special place in my heart and it won't change. My build hasn't been updated in a while and I actually ended up taking a lot more car projects on and am still looking for more actually. Currently at 5, may or may not grow to 7.

A big hurdle I see is that most workplaces block forums/message boards. This place gets blocked instantly and Zilvia doesn't. I still like being here though. Zilvia users are similiar to 2 am walmart customers.

Please add me to that group chat you guys have going on facebook. How do I join that?

Regardless of where I am in life, this place is always on my mind.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a gorgeous place, I wish I had talents like woodworking, I've never been artistic. Lol

Thanks, those two and the wife are just a small part of all the things that have happened since I've been back in the U.S. and rid of my S14. My oldest, from another mom, is 19 and getting ready to turn me into a grandfather. That's a whole long story, too.

I was going to ask about social media, we have a conversation going on FB Messenger, that involves a few us from here; Boostin, Scoot, Steve, and a couple others. I understand not being on there, it's frustrating at times, especially now.

Anyway, if we keep this going, hopefully more people will chime in.
I'm lucky I'm a hardcore introvert. It inspires me to keep expanding my boundaries and try new things that don't involve social interaction, especially the face-to-face type.

That's insane that you'er about to be a Pop-pop. All the same, I hope it's a blessing and not a hindrance for your oldest, though with people like you in their life I'm sure it's going to be a much better experience than so many lost youths. Too many of the recent generations are not at all familial like people once were.

I'm actually trying to see if my brother finds either a Datsun 240/280Z (I'll take what I can get at this point). It's not something I can put much money into right now given the whole "bought a house and planning a wedding", but he's constantly trolling the web both PR and US to see what he can find. I would have loved to have it for the wedding, but it's not in the cards. If I find an S14 that hasn't been slaughtered I'd totally consider it as well, but people here charge 2-3x what they're worth.

I quit social media because of people who didn't know me and would butt in to the conversations I had with others, acting as elitist as possible. Of course I ignored them as best as I could, but at one point I just didn't want to have to read any of it anymore and decided to close it all up. I was astounded by the amount of free time I had afterwards.
Hey y'all,

I really have missed this site, and the ~10 people here that I used to talk to.

You guys still have a special place in my heart and it won't change. My build hasn't been updated in a while and I actually ended up taking a lot more car projects on and am still looking for more actually. Currently at 5, may or may not grow to 7.

A big hurdle I see is that most workplaces block forums/message boards. This place gets blocked instantly and Zilvia doesn't. I still like being here though. Zilvia users are similiar to 2 am walmart customers.

Please add me to that group chat you guys have going on facebook. How do I join that?

Regardless of where I am in life, this place is always on my mind.
Amen to that, buddy. Since I still have mod status I get some reports, but never anything wow. It was the latest chain that got my attention when some new guy went off the rails reporting a ton of spam (which I took care of because I'm nice like that). So thanks to him, I decided to see what's good.

I often thought about the fun times and the useless, but entertaining threads. A lot about the idiots and the rest of you lot that I had great conversations with and even better laughs. Wordsux still has in his signature the picture of his car I used paint to edit to a more "fitting" representation of him. So many good memories.

Why haven't you posted the builds? You may not get as much feedback as before, but I know it would keep people interested and hopefully inspire the newer people to start posting. I see there's a lot of non-registered viewers, and I would love to see them sign up just to comment on your threads.

And I would think that this site is blocked and not Zilvia, because of the company that bought out this thread? I think Zilvia is still privately owned, so maybe that's why the filters haven't caught on yet.
Where have you been man? I made several threads looking for you. I had my friend's family in Ponce look for you, I even browsed the "Missed connections" category on Craigslist. We even hired a private investigator to look for all tan toyota camrys and still nothing (apparently there are more than 3 on the island)

So how you been chief?
I literally had a good LAWL when I read the missed connections. Like I mentioned above, it's been getting hectic for me ever since I started working at Home Depot here. A few years after I was given the full-time position I started focusing a bit more on some other things and that led me to have less time for you guys. I moved back in with my mother to save some money for when I would buy a house. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have had much. My rent was $600, give or take, and I had no room to save because of how much I was making vs expenditures. I was able to amass my collection of tools and eventually, after my fiance finally decided to land a stable job around 3 years back, we decided to purchase a home so we can move things up. Hell, I proposed in August 2017, a month before Hurricanes Irma and Maria hit. That held us back in the search for a year and a half, but thanks to my investments I started to get into woodworking as an alternate means of income. Unsurprisingly, that took up even more time, but since I started I've had a steady flow of orders which I do my best with in my spare time. However, having a rotating schedule doesn't help much, but I'm still going at it.

That's the short version.

Also, I call bullshit on the PI, but that's great.:big_grin::big_grin:

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
*EDITED SO I DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE DAMN POST

I'm lucky I'm a hardcore introvert.

I'm actually trying to see if my brother finds either a Datsun 240/280Z (I'll take what I can get at this point). If I find an S14 that hasn't been slaughtered I'd totally consider it as well, but people here charge 2-3x what they're worth.

I quit social media because of people...

Amen to that, buddy. Since I still have mod status I get some reports, but never anything wow. It was the latest chain that got my attention when some new guy went off the rails reporting a ton of spam (which I took care of because I'm nice like that). So thanks to him, I decided to see what's good.

I often thought about the fun times and the useless, but entertaining threads. A lot about the idiots and the rest of you lot that I had great conversations with and even better laughs. Wordsux...

Why haven't you posted the builds? You may not get as much feedback as before, but I know it would keep people interested and hopefully inspire the newer people to start posting. I see there's a lot of non-registered viewers, and I would love to see them sign up just to comment on your threads.

And I would think that this site is blocked and not Zilvia, because of the company that bought out this thread? I think Zilvia is still privately owned, so maybe that's why the filters haven't caught on yet.

I literally had a good LAWL when I read the missed connections. Like I mentioned above, it's been getting hectic for me ever since I started working at Home Depot here. My rent was $600, give or take, and I had no room to save because of how much I was making vs expenditures. I was able to amass my collection of tools and eventually, after my fiance finally decided to land a stable job around 3 years back, we decided to purchase a home so we can move things up. Hell, I proposed in August 2017, a month before Hurricanes Irma and Maria hit.... get into woodworking as an alternate means of income. Unsurprisingly, that took up even more time, but since I started I've had a steady flow of orders which I do my best with in my spare time. However, having a rotating schedule doesn't help much, but I'm still going at it.

That's the short version.

Also, I call bullshit on the PI, but that's great.:big_grin::big_grin:
I too am introverted. My girlfriend is an extrovert so she is losing her mind working from home whereas I am chillin like a villain.

The old Zs are nice but I gave up on finding one for cheap anymore. I regret not buying a running red 5 speed for $2000 back in 2014 (around when I bought my subaru)
There was also a white 86 corolla (legit initial D style) that I also didn't pull the trigger on. Oh well.

So who actually owns this site? How do I become a mod? This place needs some freshening up.

Me too on the nostalgia. I kind of want to bring it back, even if it ends up being me just yelling to an empty audience.

The build hasn't been updated because some things happened which I don't really remember and the car has kind of stopped at a standstill because I refuse to take it to a bodyshop to get painted. I am still hellbent on doing it myself, no matter how it turns out. I would rather do it right / my way or not do it at all. I can't stand when the mechanic has to plug in the obd2 reader and scan for codes when they do my inspection (not even a 5 minute process) so I am definitely not leaving it at a shop.

Good news is that I finally got the electrical panel upgraded at the house, I got some 240V service out the garage so I can FINALLY plug in a welder and a 60-80 gallon air compressor and start practicing.
Other than that, it' just me doing mechanical/maintenance shit on the other vehicles while I research the living hell out of everything needed to paint / weld properly for exact projects I intend on completing.

It is quite weird, the 3 places I've worked so far, the regular site gets past the filters where I can see that the formatting is just text only on a white background with all the forum directory links all mismatched. If I try to get into the OT chat or builds section, it'll say access denied from work filters for "Message boards, etc". So the homepage works but nothing else.

While doing all my other stuff regarding the cars, I have been casually house hunting with my girlfriend. She originally wanted to move way out of state for no reason, so then we agreed on shopping somewhat near our homes which then snowballed into us searching for a home near my parents house and her dads house. She doesn't know that I will be contacting some neighbors and making unsolicited offers to them to buy their house.

I'm in a shitty situation where I adopted a dog, swore to myself I'd never leave it, and the dog is now attached to my mother as she spends all day with her. I'm going to be an asshole if I move out and take the dog away from my mom or if I leave her here. My solution is to buy a house close to my parents and take her for playdates with the other two dogs that my girlfriend adopted.

Other than that, nothing new from me. I graduated college lol, got myself a good paying job, now I just need to speed up the process with home buying, getting married, etc. I planned for all this shit so I'm not heavily invested in spending a shit ton of money on cars, they aren't worth anything now and my S14 will only be worth something if it's finished. I doubt it's happening anytime soon. I know I'd want to sell it if I magically finished it overnight and use that money for a house or something.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too am introverted. My girlfriend is an extrovert so she is losing her mind working from home whereas I am chillin like a villain.
I'm loving all this so hard it's making me...... Happy.

The old Zs are nice but I gave up on finding one for cheap anymore. I regret not buying a running red 5 speed for $2000 back in 2014 (around when I bought my subaru)
There was also a white 86 corolla (legit initial D style) that I also didn't pull the trigger on. Oh well.
Those AE86s here are about a dime a dozen, so I've lost some of the interest there. The real gold lays within finding them Datsuns I want. There's plenty of 510s and others similar, in all their variations, but I. Want. Me. A. 280.
So who actually owns this site? How do I become a mod? This place needs some freshening up.

Admin's profile. You can send your request to become a mod by clicking on that link that doesn't really show it's a link.

Me too on the nostalgia. I kind of want to bring it back, even if it ends up being me just yelling to an empty audience.
I do that now. It does not sit well with security at establishments.

The build hasn't been updated because some things happened which I don't really remember and the car has kind of stopped at a standstill because I refuse to take it to a bodyshop to get painted. I am still hellbent on doing it myself, no matter how it turns out. I would rather do it right / my way or not do it at all. I can't stand when the mechanic has to plug in the obd2 reader and scan for codes when they do my inspection (not even a 5 minute process) so I am definitely not leaving it at a shop.
Easy. Two hyphenated words: Plasti-Dip. HA!

Good news is that I finally got the electrical panel upgraded at the house, I got some 240V service out the garage so I can FINALLY plug in a welder and a 60-80 gallon air compressor and start practicing.
Other than that, it' just me doing mechanical/maintenance shit on the other vehicles while I research the living hell out of everything needed to paint / weld properly for exact projects I intend on completing.
That sounds like an interesting process. You should post about it in your build thread.:big_grin:

It is quite weird, the 3 places I've worked so far, the regular site gets past the filters where I can see that the formatting is just text only on a white background with all the forum directory links all mismatched. If I try to get into the OT chat or builds section, it'll say access denied from work filters for "Message boards, etc". So the homepage works but nothing else.
Sounds to me like you're looking at the cached version. Maybe that's why it works. When you click on that it's all the bare bones. Then there's the link that sounds like what you're describing, that says "View full page" or something like that.

While doing all my other stuff regarding the cars, I have been casually house hunting with my girlfriend. She originally wanted to move way out of state for no reason, so then we agreed on shopping somewhat near our homes which then snowballed into us searching for a home near my parents house and her dads house. She doesn't know that I will be contacting some neighbors and making unsolicited offers to them to buy their house.
As long as you know it won't be an issue, go for it. Having a mortgage and paying them closing costs as well as anything else that may come up won't be cheap, so it's important you guys are on the same page. It took us well over 6 months and about 25 houses to finally find the one we wanted. And we were incredibly lucky with the find. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 4-car garage if they're compact or 3-full size sedans, and another 2 car garage (that is now my shop). The kitchen and living room are insanely large for a house here. It's a corner house with very little traffic during the day, and the previous owner left us the fridge; microwave; stove/oven; A/C consoles in the living room, kitchen, and 2 of the 4 other rooms; a 20KW diesel genny already connected via transfer switch and an exhaust to rid of the exhaust about 30 feet up; and two cisterns that total 1,000 gallons with the pump and pressurizer tank. They had extended the house in various places and so we really have nothing to do other than to get it to our liking. It was incredibly difficult process for me, but it was so damn worth it.

I'm in a shitty situation where I adopted a dog, swore to myself I'd never leave it, and the dog is now attached to my mother as she spends all day with her. I'm going to be an asshole if I move out and take the dog away from my mom or if I leave her here. My solution is to buy a house close to my parents and take her for playdates with the other two dogs that my girlfriend adopted.
I get it. I wouldn't call you a dick or an asshole 'cuz of it. I'd call you one on principle. But it's yours, and it'll acclimate so long as you make sure to give it your attention when you do move so it doesn't fall into depression. Afterward it'll balance out. Your mother on the other hand.... I don't know what to tell ya there, bud.

Other than that, nothing new from me. I graduated college lol, got myself a good paying job, now I just need to speed up the process with home buying, getting married, etc. I planned for all this shit so I'm not heavily invested in spending a shit ton of money on cars, they aren't worth anything now and my S14 will only be worth something if it's finished. I doubt it's happening anytime soon. I know I'd want to sell it if I magically finished it overnight and use that money for a house or something.
So you are now post-graduate man.

I'm going to see if I can change that.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
These two are soooo cute!
There's always room for one or a shit ton more. :kiss:

This is how close we got back in the day. We had tons of people not only sharing their love/knowledge for this particular platform, but we also got along well enough that we became a tight community. It's why I'd like to see again with all you newer guys, but most people just log in or register to ask something and not participate in the talks.
And just like that everyone here is gone?
We're never gone. As long as you keep us in your heart, I'll always be with you.

I just got back into Ark Survival in PS and have been so addicted I've forgotten to eat, much less check back in. Sowwy.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
These two are soooo cute!
You're not too hard on the eyes yourself there, FSF.

And just like that everyone here is gone?
No buena, I just don't get to comment as often as I like. The bees are always around, they just don't always go buzz buzz.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.

There's always room for one or a shit ton more. :kiss:

This is how close we got back in the day. We had tons of people not only sharing their love/knowledge for this particular platform, but we also got along well enough that we became a tight community. It's why I'd like to see again with all you newer guys, but most people just log in or register to ask something and not participate in the talks.

We're never gone. As long as you keep us in your heart, I'll always be with you.

I just got back into Ark Survival in PS and have been so addicted I've forgotten to eat, much less check back in. Sowwy.
I remember them good ol' days. This place was the cool kids hangout. A lot of the cats just got cobbled up with adult things (time really starts to fly as you get older). This place would definitely be a lot more fun if we could get the Off Topic stuff going again. You should definitely round up those OGs (I know you have a Roll-a-Dex with everyones info)

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The most I could ever think of is just trying to reactivate some threads they may or may not have subscribed to. I was never at all any good at keeping contact. The most I can think of that I had direct contact is fonix, but lacking social media didn't help keep track with anyone else. Scoot may have more insight there.

And what really grinds my gears here are the insane amount of non-members looking through and at the site, but not registering, and of those that do, most give up on trying to keep things lively aside from a handful, who I am thankful for.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
The most I could ever think of is just trying to reactivate some threads they may or may not have subscribed to. I was never at all any good at keeping contact. The most I can think of that I had direct contact is fonix, but lacking social media didn't help keep track with anyone else. Scoot may have more insight there.

And what really grinds my gears here are the insane amount of non-members looking through and at the site, but not registering, and of those that do, most give up on trying to keep things lively aside from a handful, who I am thankful for.

I’m quoting so this pings you in some way.

I really would like to talk to those guys and see where everyone ended up. I remember boxfresh had his S14 sitting in some shop.
No clue what happened to Arthur A2thak or mrbojangles or fonix or word sux.
Ziggatron was another guys, MN320 or something like that. Then some newer guys.
I can kinda make a link with some guys on Zilvia by their build threads and see who they were on here.

I figured if we keep the beehive somewhat buzzing, some assholes gonna come looking for honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm here! But only because you PMed me. I moved on from 240 world. If I could find an S14 Kouki that's not destroyed, I'd be back. Maybe import a 15 in a couple years?

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I'm here! But only because you PMed me. I moved on from 240 world. If I could find an S14 Kouki that's not destroyed, I'd be back. Maybe import a 15 in a couple years?
Haha yaasssss, my plan is working.
There are actually a few that have sold for really good money recently. I don't think the factory manual S14s have stayed on the market too long but I have seen well built cars sell for a bargain and even a few auto Koukis go cheap.

Funny you mention the S15, I'm counting down till 2024 lol. I have met some of the S15 owners in my area (none of them were federally bonded cars) and they all swear up and down that the government doesn't care as long as you're not some kind of criminal. None of them sold their cars around the time I spoke to them. The closest guy to me had the S15 sold a year or two in advance of me talking to him and he is currently playing with a JDM imported FD Rx7 with all crazy mods done to it. I'm still not taking any risks.

So what cars do you have now?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So what cars do you have now?

Nothing too wild. Daily 18 silverado. 86 C10 pickup that's currently torn down for frame powdercoat. That's getting a 5.3 and twin 66s. 97 3/4ton gmc for a tow pig.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m quoting so this pings you in some way.

I really would like to talk to those guys and see where everyone ended up. I remember boxfresh had his S14 sitting in some shop.
No clue what happened to Arthur A2thak or mrbojangles or fonix or word sux.
Ziggatron was another guys, MN320 or something like that. Then some newer guys.
I can kinda make a link with some guys on Zilvia by their build threads and see who they were on here.

I figured if we keep the beehive somewhat buzzing, some assholes gonna come looking for honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm down to try something out.

Sorry I've been a bit less active again. I'm back to working and the curfew here has my shifts down to the early morning, plus I'm outside all day which physically exhausts me, so I end up coming home to sleep and repeat the next day. But I'm trying!

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Nothing too wild. Daily 18 silverado. 86 C10 pickup that's currently torn down for frame powdercoat. That's getting a 5.3 and twin 66s. 97 3/4ton gmc for a tow pig.
I'm gonna need pics and mod list on both!

How is the steering on the silverado?

I love me some squarebodies. Check my build thread, I have some pics in there of my Suburban.

You can still find some decent S chassis for realistic pricing, whether you want mods on it or a fairly stock car.

I'm down to try something out.

Sorry I've been a bit less active again. I'm back to working and the curfew here has my shifts down to the early morning, plus I'm outside all day which physically exhausts me, so I end up coming home to sleep and repeat the next day. But I'm trying!
It's all good babe, as long as you show your face every now and then; we don't need you to check in every time you wipe your butt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts