Nissan 240SX Forums banner

2161 - 2180 of 6772 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys!! My name is Marcus... My friends and I just purchased a s-13 240sx shell and are looking to make a 1/4 mile beast!!! I hope to learn a lot from everyone!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Name's Ant, I had a FC got into a accident, haven't had a FR since. I've had honda's ever since the accident. Just got a 240sx Fastback and thinking of going HONDA on it. No, I don't mean putting the F20 from a s2000 on it, but going SR20VE, SR20DE block with a SR20VE head, but I don't know if it's possible and asking for help

THANK YOU
-Ant

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey what's going on everyone? the name's Robert, 19 yrs old, I don't own a 240, but I love em! I love RWD cars, I will never go FWD, unless gas prices sky rocket, and than I would be forced to. I hope to sometime in the near future pick me up an S14. I drive a 87 Fiero Gt at the moment, not gonna sell it to family/sentimental value, so going to have to save up. i know squat nothing about cars, so i might not be posting a lot in the forums, but you can count that i'm reading a hell of a lot! I hope to make a drifting machine, due to the fact, i'm never driving straight anyways, in any vehicle i drive (hehehe), so I hope I can pick up a lot of info for what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys, my name is Quang(phonetically pronouced K-wong) and i'm actually doing some research before i get a 240 so don't mind me =]. I might ask some stupid questions in my quest for understanding the 240 but hey, we all have to start some where right? anywho i'm interesting in the 91-94 model. Ideally once I get a 240 i can make it into a show car, but I don't see that happening with school starting all over for me. Anyways, its was nice to find a forum like this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey what's good! My name is Ryan... Im just looking right now for a 1990-1992 240sx for a starter car. As i look i will be asking lots of questions on what i should be looking for and what price is good. And i hope to learn lots from the pros out there that know what there doing compared to me a complete newbie, but i hope to learn from you guys.
thanks
-Ryan:thumbsup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi. My name is Marshall. I would say I drive, but I work on a 1991 s13 with a KA24DE.I built the engine myself completely from ground up, Got it running Yesterday, and I'm hapier than a rat that's found his cheese. But I have a couple questions about oil pumps, that's why i signed up here. Not a newb when it comes to mechanics. But I guess you can tell I like to ramble. Later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sup yo! i just became a member of this forum about a week ago and so far its great! i get my questions answerd at least. i got an s13 stick but im planing on modding it soon, maybe sr20 but dont know yet. well im going to try and use the search button.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My name is Brandon and I just picked up a wrecked S14. I have plans of rebuilding the engine, transmission, and possibly fuel system. Only problem is Iv never worked on a Nissan b4. Only Hon-duhs and Toyotas. That being said, Ill probably have a lot of questions so be patient with me. Heres a few pics of my baby.

Pretty, aint she?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, my name is Tom. I am from Fairfield, CT. I am looking to pick up a 1990-1991 240sx and throw a SR20DET in there. If there is anyone near me I would love to meet up and check out what you have done to your car and hopefully learn something. Thanks a lot guys, hope to see you out there.

-fold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, The name´s Manuel and I own a 92 240 coupe, when I bought the car it was in pretty bad shape but now it looks and runs great. Most of the time spent working on the car was focus on making it a daily driver (a daily VAG killa,lol). The interior was complety redone, the engine was rebuilt, installed a koyo radiator, flex a lite dual electric fans, MSD coil, had to install a new CAT to pass the smog check, the suspension needs a little work, right now it has TEIN springs and KYB Gr2 shocks (handles great but you can feel every bump in the road right in the @$$).

I´ve been reading some of the posts for the past week and I like this community I hope I can integrate well with all of you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My names Chris, 18, and I'm from the Santa Barbara area and own a 95 240sx. Bought the car with the front end totaled. Put fenders, hood, lights, bumper on and is my daily driver car. I'm really new to 240's and imports hopping to get into the hobby/sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Kyle, I'm from FL but live in NC. I bought this car back in Jan and did an SR20det swap as fast as I could. Re-registered it in FL after I dropped the motor in (there are state inspections here) Well I spent a total of 6 months building this thing (got it running after about 4 1/2 months but to get it where it is right now took about 6). Here's my car, I built her myself from the ground up, all the actual hard labor of the complete RHD conversion (with motor swap) only took about a month, but troubleshooting the damn thing took forever. I lived in Japan, and missed the way a real Silvia felt. So I built one.

I took this:

And turned it into this:
The stock 240sx bumper support will not fit with the Silvia bumper, so I'm either going to have to find a real Silvia bumper support or modify my 240sx bumper support to fit the Silvia bumper. That's why the bumper looks a little floppy. And the hood latch needs to be adjusted so the hood closes a little more snug.

Yes I pulled a serious n00b move and put it on uncentered. I only had one shot to do it right and I misaligned it. I was hoping the small Nissan badge, immediately to the right of it, would mask my screw up. And yes I plan on redoing it in the future so its centered.

This pic is a little blurry, but the key says Silvia on it. Its a real S13 Silvia key, it came with an ignition I got off of ebay. I needed an ignition made for the Japanese steering column because I didnt know if the American ignition would fit, plus the ignition that came with the column did not come with a key.

My long term goal is to get this car looking as close to an actual Silvia as possible. I have a long way to go, but for now I'd say I didnt do a half bad job. I dont have the money or the time to spend like some people here (I was on a minor time crunch because a friend was letting me use his driveway and I didnt want to take a year to build it and out stay my welcome!), but I did the best I could with what I had. Hope you guys like it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
hey my name is chris. i am 16 turning 17 and ive had my 1992 240sx HB for about a year now and its finally getting ready for an rb25 swap this month. its been an awesome year with my 240sx and cant wait for the years to come. And i wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for helpin me out with my questions. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello!
I just picked up a '90 SE 5 speed over the weekend. $900, runs great.
I have a bit of rust I need to take care of like some holes in the trunk floor, rust through the frame rails, and some bubbling over the driver door.
The outside bolster on the driver's seat is worn through but other than that the interior is perfect! All in all it's in fabulous shape.
It's storming here in the Chicago area so pictures have to wait until there is sun.
My goal for the car is to get it nice and stiff and safe and it'll become the track/time trial/autocross car. I can't afford the brakes and tires my 3,700lb GTO needs to gobble up on track, so here we go!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all I am new to the site, i just sold my 3000gt VR-4 and i had a 1990 240sx before that which i sold :( when i told my friend i was gonna be buying a GSX i was told no i would be building another 240sx a few days later i got a little present in the mail which was a SR20DET Red top, tranny, hub, and a whole rear end all fresh off the boat :) looking forward to getting to know a few local guys and building another 550 to 600 hp 240 :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
wuuuuuuuudup peeps!!!! just figured check in from the crazy hot n fun Las Vegas!!!!! just got the girl last week, so I went and sold a few things here n there so I can stsart dressing her up! lol I put some coils yesterday, now Im waiting for the sway bars and sunday so I can go get a KA24de and put my ACT in and turbo the bitch!!! haha keep smashing peeps!!! peace

·
Registered
96 Posts
I pick it up next week

I just bought a 1990 in GA that I pick up next week. It's my first 240, but I've got some idea of what i want to do with it.

2161 - 2180 of 6772 Posts