Nissan 240SX Forums banner

2201 - 2220 of 6772 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, im actually really new to the 240 scene. I finally had the chance to sell my h22 turbo accord and buy a 89-94 240sx fastback. Unfortunately it is only a shell, but cannot wait to get it running. It needs a lot of work, so right now I am working on the body, and then straight from there to the sr20det swap. I want to do the car right so I am going with everything kouki, will put pictures up within a month once its running. I am pretty sure I am going to run into some problems, so then I can put the search engine to use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey. im pretty new to the whole 240 scene. i have a basic understanding of the different engine and such. i dont have a 240 yet but im probably going to get an 89-93 model

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyhow, I come from the AE86 crowd, I have owned many cars. Including a S13, Ae86, and whole mess of air-cooled VW's. im here for info and a good time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yo, im jeremy or potter as everyone calls me and im probally the only one opn here form corpus shitty texas. I own a 91 s13. Been around 240sx a while, but still alot to learn. so yeah...thats about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
RB fan

Name's Matt. I'm from a small down just north of Philly and South of Allentown. Got me a 240SX hatch, 1990 with an RB20 (it's for sale actually). I'm not a big fan of drifing, but I am of fast street cars (I'll even give SOME honda's credit). I picked the RB20 after owning and learning how to drive stick on a Skyline GT-sT when I was stationed overseas in Japan and really liked the mix of power, and driveability. I know lots of people will ask why I didn't just import it, but at the time, it simply wasn't practical and it's much harder to do then most people think.

My definition of fast street car is a car that is SAFE yet fun to drive, practical, and stock looking inside and out. I'm more impressed with your stock looking car on street tires useing pump gas that can run a 13 and still get you around everyday and your grandma can drive over everything else. Not gutted cars, cars that are all light weight carbon and fiberglass, or cars on juice. Leave those cars for the track. Big wings, excessive body kits, and flashy paint jobs with crazy sound systems should be left at the show.

I'm currently attending school to be an auto mechanic, and know my way around RB motors. Any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all -- my name is James and I own two cars, 1 a 1995 prelude se with a JDM H22 in her and a 2007 Hemi Charger r/t which explains my screen-name. I am selling my prelude and in search of an ever harder to find 240. I have owned a 93 nissan nx and a 95 240 throughout my time and wish I still owned the 240. However, I will find one. It is getting harder to find them due to the cheap ass prices some peps sell them for and the popularity of drifting. I am a gear head and came to learn before I leap..

·
Registered
1 Posts
the name is kyle, live in escondido, CA. i dont actually own a 240sx but my old lady has an s14 and joined up for the info. the car is stock as a rock by the way, thanks in advance for all the future help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whatsup! My name is Jonny. Ive been into imports and racing for 12 years. I just recently got out of my honda phase. But my passion for them will never be compared to! Ive been interested in 240's for 6 of those 12 years. Hope to get to know you all well and you will be hearing more of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checkin in

Just checkin in. I have a 97 240SX SE with a stock blown motor. Rods are knockin. The car will hopefully be up and going soon, but need some help with some engine choices. Price is always an issue these days. I have never modded a import car. I have always raced mustangs and still have 4 of them. I thought the 240 would be cool to do something with. It has 95,ooo miles on it and was bought in 98 with 17,000 miles on it. Love the car. I hope that you guys and girls are a wealth of info.

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some drunk in a truck destroyed my FD3S last Monday. I knew I'd never be able to replace it, both financially and emotional attachment-wise <3

So I bought an S13 with a rb20det swap and an rb25 turbo. No more car payments, and I'm not gonna be bored stiff in the corners or at stoplights.

My primary reason for joining this forum is my lack of A/C. I found one guide out there for putting A/C on a rb25det swap, but nothing for the 20, and I haven't the mechanical knowledge for an idea of what will work/be easiest/cheapest. Good to meet you, my new fellow Nissanians.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im new to the 240, but dont own one yet. Right now i own a Mitsubishi Mirage and am a frequent member on mirageforums.net. I plan on getting a 240 sometime soon, whenever money and time are both in order...glad to be here though, the s15 is my favorite car in the world. Hoping to learn a lot.

-Rug

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
whats up noobers and non-noobers... Ive been here forever although not very active between the time I joined and about a year ago. I do not own a 240 cuz I suck that much to love a car like the 240 but never buy one...soon enough... Anyway I know alot about cars in general, went to school for about 4 yrs for automotive (3 yrs vo-tech, 9 months tech school ((WyoTech))) I also knw a bit about chassis fab and high po engines which is sort of my passion. I work for a company that exports american high performance parts to other countries. umm I dunno what else about me other then im probably one of the biggest alcoholics here on the site...

EDIT: sorry forgot some important info...Ryan is the name im from western PA and im 21 years young. I own a 1985 monte CL a 1988 monte SS a 2000 crapalier z24sky a 1984/82/78 K-10/20 truck that is peiced together and hopefully sold soon. I also technically own a 1977 monte aswell but I gave it to my dad and soon we will be giving it to the scrap yard once the 350 and 12 bolt are extracated (sp?) ok there you go. :thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first week in a 240.

Hi. Nate here. I just picked up my new project last night and am looking forward to the adventure. It's a '95 240 w/ SR20de na. This will be my dd until I can move closer to my job and not have to put so many miles on my vehicle. I almost purchased a 240 back in 04 but came across a great deal on wrecked WRX and have loved that car ever since. I am putting approx 450 miles a week on my ride and didn't want to see my car go down like that. So here I am.

Lookin' forward to alot of searches.

·
Registered
77 Posts
New Guy

What's up im Matt from tx/ks but in cali in the marines now. I have a 93 coupe w/ silvia front stockish ka. Hit me up if your in so cal i need to find the car scene, and need parts.

2201 - 2220 of 6772 Posts