Nissan 240SX Forums banner

2541 - 2560 of 6772 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey hows it going guys names Jeff just bought my 240 2 weeks ago

Live in reading, PA car already has cat back exhaust and rims now i plan to put a suspension and do the SR swap to it

·
Registered
28 Posts
sup

hey names cal... not really new to nissans ..i owned 1 280zx and 2 300zx one z31 and one z32...i crashed the z32.. and droped a 350 in the 280 350hp 362tq and a ford 302 475hp 515tq in the 300zx..never spent more than 10 grand on ANY build(not including ride.....) i like raising hell with my cars... and i found that a 302 is way more cost effective than a ls1.....just throwing that out there.. if you have any questions on a ford transplant let me know... o and by the way a 302 weighs less than a ka and a ls1:heyhey
looking to scare little children with a 240 hybrid.. just looking up info right now on what to buy and waiting till after my deployment to start it up.. was looking at a hatch for being lighters sake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sup guys im Matt, I'm 15 living in Dallas, Texas, MY future plans are to get an s14 and swap an ls1 into it.... i'm a pretty fun guy but im here to learn about what i want to do in the near future =]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey uh..I'm Cullen from Milwaukee, WI. I'm 17 and have owned three cars: Taurus SHO, Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, and now my beautiful S14. Crashed my SHO, then bought the subie a year later and decided to sell it 2 months later for the 240. Also, along with my family, I own a mint condition 1970 Mustang Boss 302. So pretty much I'm trying to get in the Nissan and 240sx scene and this summer I'm gonna get into the race scene: auto-x, drifting, etc. Usually just kinda a wanderer on boards but give my .02 every once in a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everyone.
I'm Scott, 21 years of age (22 in just barely a week after I post this), and the proud owner of a '93 240SX hatchback.

I've had the struts recently replaced, upgraded the speakers, added a sub and amp, tinted the windows, and had it painted Porsche Titanium Met (gunmetal, for the most part). Due to the gas prices, I'm not looking into the engine swaps just yet.. this is my day-to-day car with some fun included.

My biggest goal joining up here is to learn even more about the 240SX and how to get just a little more 'oomph' out of it without completely killing the gas mileage. Willing to lose some, but not a lot. And with a good cost effectiveness, too.

And before anyone even asks, I'm not about to think about selling it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all...
I'm Gary..42 y/o.. just bought my 'mid life crises' car.... lol... a 1992 240sx.... in excellent shape... just need to fix that capacitor in the instrument cluster... so the speedo/Hud works.... a small hole in the frame... and it is good to go for a safety... and there is zero rust.. ( a common thing in cars here in snowy canada)..

I too want to get some more HP without spending a tonne of cash... maybe start with cold air intake.... then???? A super charger might be nice.... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone.
My names Corey, I'm 16 years old and just purchased, like Gary above, a 1992 240sx hatch. I go to school for automotive technology at a vocational school here in Ohio, so, unlike most kids my age, I'm not completely retarded about the automotive field. Umm, what else? The 240 i just bought is in good shape, needs a bit of body work, no rust, but the person who owned the car before put a nasty ass body kit on it, well, they were actually bumper covers that were screwed on and then bondo'd, ugh...idiots, anyway, after a bit of body work and a paint job...it will be in AMAZING condition. Ive got big plans...first which include a 5 spd swap, drop it with some Eibach Sportlines, get some nice 17 or 18's with a nice lip...maybe some three spokes. And then...build for turbo...Forged internals are going in for sure...Greddy E-Manage, Walboro 255 fuel pump...etc.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. Cant wait to get to know you guys, and thanks for all the help ill get from you guys in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's Sup Guys!!!
The names Steven, yes the Steven. haha
Just wanted to drop a line for you all.
I live in Panama City, Fl.
Currently driving a 2001 Chevy Silverado!
HAH!

Stay Cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sup guys! Jared from PA, 21 years old. i live in Rhersburg, about 30 min west of Reading and north east of Lebanon 45 east of Hershey, Harrisburg 50 min North of Lancaster 1 hour west of Allentown, and 15 min west of the new Cabelas in Hamburg. I hate rice burners but I dont want to waste so much money in something that gets 8-13mpg driving every day. I don't own a 240sx yet but i am looking into purchasing one for around 3-4k for a DD. the 240's only competition for my purchase right now is an OBD I 2.slow jetta. I would be interested autox'ing the car & racing it if i could find a place to do that. I'm interested in engine performance mod's & handling mods. I'm not new to forums, I've been on VWVortex for a while & various Chevy & Ford diesel forums also. Thanks for your help guys, looks like a pretty extensive forum. Currently not driving but off roading a 76 GMC Jimmy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

My name is Steve and I'm from Southern California. I am Mechanical Engineering/design student.

A couple of us ME's at school have suggested introducing a new competition for Cali State schools to compete in. Building a "Drift" car.

I come to you guys for help. Part of the requirements is that we 'engineer' our own components but I know this forum is the first place to start. We aquired a 1992 240sx. We have a redtop SR20 sitting on the engine stand.

I am in charge of the motor and it's tuning. (I have a decent amount of experience tuning EFI and more specifically my Impreza Sti).

I have to come within 3% of 350whp in order to complete my objective. Mind you, I will be asking what I need to make that kind of power but I have to 'engineer' this build. I have to calculate intercooler core sizes, compression ratios, cam profiles, and ofcourse what size turbo to use etc blah blah.

I already know that many of you know EXACTLY what I need to hit my mark though.

Anyways, great to be here, I'll be posting pics soon enough. Oh, and just cause I'm not in charge of suspension stuff doesn't mean I'm not going to talk your heads off about it.

-Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Introduction

Hello new forum of mine. My name is Drew and I own a 1990 S13 fastback with 144000 or so miles on it(Only one owner and all service records before me though). I dont post a lot and never without thought so no worries :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello my name is Jared i drive a 1991 240sx coupe i am currently a broke a$$ and going to college full time cant really afford to do much to my car for now. I am aiming for 450hp and im building it for roadracing. i am not new to 240sx's i have owned a hatch before this one. I have built many motors and trannys for friends.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sup guys,

I live in NorCal right now.

I have a few imports right now, RSX, Civic, and just bought a 1995 S14 with KA24DE :(

I'm here to learn about doing swaps, and where I can get parts cause I wanna do front and rear end conversions for Siliva.

Hope to talk to you guys,

Peace out

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey my name is sterling live in new braunfels tx im looking at a 1995 240sx right now with sr20det, 5spd, turbo, and widebody if i buy it i will probly be on these forums alot, its a big project....looking forward to meeting the community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and question

Hi...noob here.

Got a 95 240SX SE I bought a couple of years ago and just paid off.

Bout to do my first easy project on it. Shop told me I needed new outer tie rod ends and tension rod bushings (aka strut arm/strut rod/tension arm bushings - they can't seem to make up their minds what to call these). Wanted to charge me $600 to replace them so I decided now was a good time to pull out my FSM.

Anyway...(rambling a bit here)...getting to the point...

I bought the Chilton manual for my car because it had really nice instructions on changing outer tie rod ends. So I got a wild hair and decided to see if it had a better diagram of the tension rod bushing I had to change than my FSM did. It did, in fact, have a better diagram but several of the components in the diagram have a little symbol beside them of a white x on a black dot. HERE IS THE QUESTION -> what is the stoopid x for? It must be meaningful or they wouldn't have wasted their ink or my time by putting it in there. Furthermore, the book doesn't have a legend or description of the symbols in exploded diagrams anywhere. :crazyrantDoes anybody know what this means. I can provide a scan if that would be helpful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, my name is Mike from Austin Texas. I've been messing with the 240sx for about 6 years now. I am now in Nagoya Japan waiting on a drivers license. They make it a pain in the ass here. For work, I do graphic and web design. I am learning Japanese because I want to attend a auto design school in Tokyo. I can also get parts for my car at JP prices.:sweetass If you are coming to Japan, I can give you a few pointers.

2541 - 2560 of 6772 Posts