Nissan 240SX Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is for members new and old members to introduce themsleves to us.

590K views 7K replies 6K participants last post by  cris30 
#1 ·
A new system will be going in place soon, where all new registrations will be in here until they make their introduction, then they will be allowed to join the general population..:thumbsup

Should be operational shortly.

Suggestions welcome.

1. NO FLAMING Noobs please.
2. Newbies, learn to use the Search button before asking questions.
3. Welcome home.

#2,688 ·
well i guess i should say hi. i am kinda new here. looking to get a hold of a 240sx s13 or s14 frame and put a new engine in it and turbo it for 400hp or so. daily driver and toy car mostly. something to throw money into and enjoy while i go to school and get a job later to get a R34 skyline (my dream baby). I love the Silvias though, beautiful handling and great performance cars.

#2,694 ·
Alright my name is chris i just got my s14 about 2 monthes ago and looking to do a lot of mods!!
I always wanted a 240 since i was in 8th grade.I paid 3 grand for my 96 with 98k miles which is pretty sweet and now im just looking to get some rims,springs,new exhaust pipe, and you all know the rest!!!

#2,695 ·
Whattup forums ppl, the name is Herby and im a soon to be 240 owner. I used to own a neon SRT-4 and its an awesome friggin' car, but it cant go sideways. Since i cant afford a 3rd gen supra ima be buying a S13 to play with it and if i do like it and get used to it i might just do a inline 6 turbo swap on it (2jz, RB)..etc.
Im no newbie when it comes to modifying cars or whatnot but 240's have a huge variety of "ways" to go as far as modding goes, thats why im here. can i make an 11 second street 240 go sideways, looking good without blowing an engine every month like i hear SR20's are notorious for? and im also here to do some research, meet some locals and do some business/trades.
my boy weS13 reffered me here by the way. Lynn 781 holla!

#2,697 ·
whats goin on everyone? im brett, im new to the 240sx i want to learn about it and eventually own one. right now i own an is300 but im looking for a nice secondary car. I want to learn manual transmission and eventually drift. i def interested in buying a cheap 240sx and fix it up turbo it, all the works. im a big do it yourselfer so this should be a nice project

#2,698 ·
Hey ya ho ya. my name is peter and I'm an addict.... car addict, lol. I just got my 89 240sx se 2 weeks ago. I got it for 500 with a blown head gasket on a ka24e. in the middle of fixing that for now. I hope to do the skyline rb26 swap. either way got to swap the automatic. I also have a 97 honda accord that I have been messing with a bit, lol. got tired though and wanted a rwd. have you all seen this? once I pulled off the head found that both the tensioners were shattered. I also have worked at a shop till I got screwed out of grand. Went to ccnm for automotive s for two years. so I am a newb on nissans, yet not overall. :superdrun

#2,699 ·
Hello. All my friends call me Goat. I'm 29 years old, reside in Michigan. I've been into Nissan for the past 5 or 6 years. I've had 2 NX2000's. A 92' and a 93'. Tired of front wheel drive. I don't have a 240 yet but have been looking for the right one for about a year. I would like to start from a stock non molested 240 and make it my own. I'm not new to the whole forum thing. I generally just go through old threads looking for answers to my questions. I occasionaly post but not too often. I enjoy customizing everything I own.

#2,706 ·
Hiya!!!

Nice to meet everyone!!

Been a Nissan fan since I was born, loved the Datsun's....then moved onto the Skylines; then figured out they cost to much to import here, and returned to my favorite car of all time, the S15...then figured out that it cannot be imported into the US...so I settled for a 1990 240SX SE hatchback. I'm going to convert it into a S15 :D

#2,713 ·
I'm Josh, I'm working on my mechanical engineering degree and preparing for Marine Corps OCS soon. I truly love cars and although I'm no professional, I've grown up working on them and I learn more and more with each project. I'm currently working on an 89 coupe SR swap. The car was a gift from a well-intentioned relative but it may be abandoned for a new donor car as the frame rails and entire underside are showing some serious rot... Theres my intro

#2,714 ·
hey guys....name is mike. im from new york. i dont own a 240 yet but i have wanted one since i was 16 haha. i should be starting a new job in the next few months and my income will go up significantly. im hoping to get a 240 as a project car, and thought i would sign up and learn as much as possible so i have some what of an idea of what im doing once i get the car. i do currently own an 04 civic si with some work done to it, but that is and will become my DD and have the 240 as afun project

#2,715 ·
Hello everyone. I'm not only new here but "new" to cars in general. I am a 100% complete n00b... so be nice. My dad owns an auto repair shop so I should really know more about cars, but several attempts to get him to teach me anything just ended with him worried I'd hurt myself the second I drove any project car we had.. and his business kept him too busy anyway most the time. Eventually I just decided to pursue it myself... and recently I found myself with not just the time but also the money, so I went for it. I just got an 89 240sx coupe today and I'm really excited about it. I'm reading anything and everything I can to learn more about cars in general, as well as about my 240. I just discovered the 240sx "bible" on this forum and I'm excited to learn all about my car. I'm probably going to pop in here often for information.

I live in New Jersey and I plan to try drifting at a local track... they have beginners stuff there once a month on a Wednesday night (or so I've heard). I'm going to go watch on a night coming up... just hoping I won't look like a total spaz standing there knowing next to nothing.

I'm always open to advice, insight, any kind of information anyone wants to give. Just trying to take it all in right now. I've spent the last 7 driving years of my life behind the wheel of a subaru, so I'm interested to see the different feel from an awd to a rwd... I haven't had a chance to really take my 240 out yet. Also, the subaru was under my father's name... the 240 is my "first" car, as far as it being under my name. Having complete ownership over it gives it a whole different feeling. I want to take pictures and show it off like its my child or something. Maybe give it a hug. Weird.

Oh... and my name's Kait. Can't wait to get to know all of you. Cheers!

#2,716 ·
^^^^ Cool, I learned how to drift in fairly stock 89. I think having an underpowered car is the only way to learn how to drive. I actually want to get another stock 240 just so I can polish up on my weight transfers and not be able to rely on power (I have tons in my current s13). I consider myself a really good driver but I have always been driving something ever since I was little and im sure that helped but trust me when I say this, dont throw any money into engine performance until you feel that its holding you back. Youll feel that the lack of power holds you back at first, but then you feel yourself getting better and better and then it will get to the point where you need power so you can start drifting at higher speeds with more angle.

oh, and haha, I know what its like to not know about cars. I understood a little bit when I was under 16 but I loved cars, just didnt care to know how to work on them. My first car was a pulsar nx and it was a piece of shit and I had the motor out of it a few times and swapped it once. I had to learn how to work on cars just as you surely will if your going to be drifting because shit is going to break.

#2,717 ·
Hi guys I'm new to the forums, looking to do homework on the 240sx. I drive a toyota yaris as my daily driver, looking to get a new weekend warrior. I had a 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that was lightly modded, got rid of it cause it's not reliable at all. I heard alot of great things about the 240sx so I'm looking forward to learning about this beast.

#2,720 ·
Thanks for the advice 4x4le. I agree.. I definitely don't want to touch anything right now. I want to make sure I can control it, learn how to drift and drive well, become completely comfortable with it... and save my money for repairs, of course. I'm more interested in increasing my skill than just "getting sideways". My dad keeps telling me things I should do to make it "easier" to drift... and I just have to keep telling him I'm not interested in just doing it, I want to do it well, by my own hand and no aids. Otherwise I feel like there's no point.. I wouldn't have learned anything.

Oh, and I drove it for the first time today.... I'm in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.