Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. I'm shopping for a transmission for an LS swap (I just purchased an LM7 from a 2005 Sierra). I know I want a T56 or a T6060. It actually seems like the T6060 might be cheaper or at least the same price (I think everyone wants the T56). I'm looking through eBay posts and I see some variation on the shifter linkage. It looks like there are a bunch of different variants, but the main one I want is with the arm coming out parallel to the input/output shafts. There's then a linkage with the shifter bolted right above the tailshaft. I've seen at least two variants of this though. One that sits really far back (like past the tail shaft), and the other that sits right above.

I'm trying to avoid paying $400 for the bits and pieces to "convert" the transmission to fit my application, so I want the bellhousing the match up, and the shifter to sit in the right place.

Does anyone have a pic of the T6060 transmission setup that I'm searching for?

·
GnarKiller
5,115 Posts
The TR6060 came in many different platforms/variations. You obviously need a LS based platform so the bellhousing will match up. The most straight forward option would be a Camaro platform (CTS-V would probably work too with little modifications). Considering the Corvette uses a torque tube, that platform will not be a bolt on affair.

Regarding shifter location, this is highly dependent on the mount kit that you choose. Sikky Manufacturing makes some very high quality shifter relocation kits. Check them out:

TR6060 - Sikky Manufacturing | LS Swap Kits and Accessories

You should also check out the Tremec T56 Magnum transmission. I've seen some good results with those also.

To better answer your question, below is a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS transmission:

PS. No matter which gear set you choose, hammering the tunnel is required. The Sikky kit has some great instructions on where to hammer/add clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts