Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. I'm shopping for a transmission for an LS swap (I just purchased an LM7 from a 2005 Sierra). I know I want a T56 or a T6060. It actually seems like the T6060 might be cheaper or at least the same price (I think everyone wants the T56). I'm looking through eBay posts and I see some variation on the shifter linkage. It looks like there are a bunch of different variants, but the main one I want is with the arm coming out parallel to the input/output shafts. There's then a linkage with the shifter bolted right above the tailshaft. I've seen at least two variants of this though. One that sits really far back (like past the tail shaft), and the other that sits right above.

I'm trying to avoid paying $400 for the bits and pieces to "convert" the transmission to fit my application, so I want the bellhousing the match up, and the shifter to sit in the right place.

Does anyone have a pic of the T6060 transmission setup that I'm searching for?

·
GnarKiller
5,120 Posts
The TR6060 came in many different platforms/variations. You obviously need a LS based platform so the bellhousing will match up. The most straight forward option would be a Camaro platform (CTS-V would probably work too with little modifications). Considering the Corvette uses a torque tube, that platform will not be a bolt on affair.

Regarding shifter location, this is highly dependent on the mount kit that you choose. Sikky Manufacturing makes some very high quality shifter relocation kits. Check them out:

TR6060 - Sikky Manufacturing | LS Swap Kits and Accessories

You should also check out the Tremec T56 Magnum transmission. I've seen some good results with those also.

To better answer your question, below is a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS transmission:

PS. No matter which gear set you choose, hammering the tunnel is required. The Sikky kit has some great instructions on where to hammer/add clearance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know that this is a somewhat old thread. But many people might stumble on it while searching for information on this topic. Anyway, while many companies make LS swap kits, these kits are almost always built around the F-body T56. Although another transmission (like the TR6060) could be used, Using a transmission which places the shifter in a different location vs the F-body T56 is only going to make for a more difficult swap. Sometimes, you can get a shifter relocator (like that made by Sikky). But these relocators are expensive and don’t work with the TR6060. Not only that, but they often require cutting the floor to make clearance. Because of this, you are best off just going with the F-body T56. It is what typical mount kits are meant to work with. And even if they cost more than a TR6060 or some other transmission, the easier (and usually cheaper) install makes up for the extra cost.

With all of this said, you might want to take a look at the Magnum F. This transmission is similar to the Magnum, but has the same shifter location as the F-body T56. The best part, of course, is that you get a stronger and better transmission that is BRAND NEW, often for little to nothing more than the often hyper-inflated cost of used, beat-up T56’s. If you can afford one, THIS is the way to go.

·
Administrator
2,057 Posts
With all of this said, you might want to take a look at the Magnum F. This transmission is similar to the Magnum, but has the same shifter location as the F-body T56. The best part, of course, is that you get a stronger and better transmission that is BRAND NEW, often for little to nothing more than the often hyper-inflated cost of used, beat-up T56’s. If you can afford one, THIS is the way to go.
I appreciate this info.
I assume this is what you mean?

I'm currently seeing it for $3400, which is pricey but worth it if you are beating the crap out of your car haha.
I've also noticed that some V8 guys are going with the CD009 trans now, from the 350Z.

$2200 new, but you have to figure in for the cost of an adapter/bellhousing/swap kit for that.
The CD009 doesnt have the nice wide ratios of the T-56 style trans. The G35/350z with these trans had a final drive of something in the low 3's to make sure you're not screaming at 4000 rpm in 6th gear on the highway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts