Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, i am sure most of you have seen the new lightning concept. Ford officials say it will retain about 95% of its concept form including the engine and horsepower ratings...:eek:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You can sign me up too.

That face is much better than the production F150 they debued...it looked to much like a sport trac

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I like it, but what is with the new style of cars coming from ford and Nissan. It is disgusting looking, look at the new skyline, and this lightening, it looks like they built it with legos, then smoothed out the lines with some bonda and had it painted.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
yeah it has a tight ass cooling system for the supercharger. it goes like this.

under boost you can flip a switch and a a/c type compressor will dump cold air through a intercooler causing the temp to drop rather rapidly and very cold. this is for about 40sec sustain. and can recharge in under 5mins (i think). its kinda like the fogger (again i think)system with a nos and a turbo. but it recharges itself. the gain in power is around 20-30%.

well it sounds cool (no pun intended) wonder if you can adapt something like this.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
BarrigaS14 said:

under boost you can flip a switch and a a/c type compressor will dump cold air through a intercooler causing the temp to drop rather rapidly and very cold. this is for about 40sec sustain. and can recharge in under 5mins (i think). its kinda like the fogger (again i think)system with a nos and a turbo. but it recharges itself. the gain in power is around 20-30%.

well it sounds cool (no pun intended) wonder if you can adapt something like this.
That does indeed sound extremely freakin coo.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
BarrigaS14 said:

Actually what it does is releases antifreez into a cooler box in the intercooler system to bring down the temps. Also it comes on with either a switch or when the trhottle is fully depressed. Stubby

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
i always beeen a fan of the lighting
i really want one ,as soon as im done with me 240 pahse lol in my life ima go to that truck,hopefully by the gas will be cheaper for that v8 s/c monster lol

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All i gotta say that those that have never driven a lightning you need to.. It is one of the fastest vehicles i have ever driven. Specially off the line, the thing just launches forward. And the supercharge whine is the most beautiful sound ever...

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Looks better than the concept. My friend had a black 2001 Lightning. He had an air filter, chip and pulley for the charger. It eventually got repossesed because he stopped paying the $650 monthly truck payment. That's not including insurance. And it got about 12 mpg. Badass truck though.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I think so. And a 19% interest rate :eek: He was 19, making good money in construction. He bought his girlfriend an expensive ring, didn't want to pay for the truck anymore, lost the truck, cheated on his girlfriend, lost his girlfriend, didn't have a job and he drives a Chevy Celebrity :p I haven't seen him in a year I bet. I'm sure he's doing better by now though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
wats up with ford its all show now. low off the ground? arent pickups supposed to be rugged? that one looks like it needs a lot of pampering. :aka47Ford

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Its a Lightening, I dotn think that the people who look at lightenings are gonna be towing sheetrock home from the hardware store in it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yup. You you can still put 1400 lbs in the bed or tow 5000 lbs, take it to where it needs to go, empty the cargo and woop some ass on the way back. :rockon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts