Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a ton of troubleshooting it's finally been confirmed that my head gasket is blown. In addition to getting the head done and the headgasket replaced what else should I do? I'm already have a new valve cover gasket, fuel filter, plug, wires, and cap just to get a few more things out of the way.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
cap/rotor oil antifreze check your block for warpage. water pump is preaty easy with the head off. T stat.

i would get a gasket set for a head gaskets job and it should have every gasket you will need in it......o yea do the timing chain, you have to take it off any way.

·
Registered
323 Posts
agreed. ^

make your life easier and knock out the timing chain now. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It;s funny b/c I have been negelcting my car since last summer, mainly because I'm broke and it took my head gasket going for me to get back on the band wagon. I've done a few mods, nothing serious, but now I plan to get as much done as possible. BTW does anyone know if Megan stil makes the S13 catback, because I don't see it listed on their site.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
and i have a timing chain set for sale for the e... my replacement ka24e has no timing chain rattle. i love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts