Nissan 240SX Forums banner

ummm

581 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bow 
#1 ·
Coolant question

My coolant temp gauge doesnt work... So idk if my engine is overheating or not... The electric fan doesnt kick on... even after driving for like 10 minutes (and the engine is HOT) And im beginning to think coolant isnt going through my engine because the top line is all mushy and doesnt feel like any fluid is in it... So should i just take my thermostat out, so i know for a fact coolant is running through it? And that it will at least remain cool... cause im only going to be driving it to and from work till i muster up 2000 for the shop to build my other engine... and then ill have a 45 mile drive to las cruces to that shop... And they will fix everything after that... Just want to make it down there though haha.

#3 ·
Well... The guy had no problem with it before... Took it to the track and everything. Never had a problem... Im just guessing something is FUCKED UP on my wiring somewhere... So shit is just not working all over the place... And im just wanting a temporary solution... And anyways im only gonna have this engine in for a couple months... And my drive to work is about 2 miles TOPS... But its gonna start getting hot here soon and i dont want my engine to take a crap on me before i get the other one built...

#4 ·
could be the gauge temp sensor

Check The FSM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.