Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first thread here, so hopefully I've placed it in the appropiate section.:crossfing

Well, I've pulled the trigger on a project car, a '93 Nissan 240SX 5spd. I decided not to install a turbocharger yet, as I would like to create a personalized set-up later on. My friend and I will be re-building the car over the next month or so and I'll be updating pictures and progress throughout the process. Right now as of April 5th, the car is in pieces. There is nothing in the engine bay besides the fuse boxes and random electrical wires. I will get pictures up of the car tomorrow.:thumbsup

For now, here's a picture of the cam-cover that I painted tonight.

I needed some 320-grit sandpaper and Advanced Auto just closed,so it looks like I'll be finishing up polishing the letters tomorrow. :eek3dance

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Looking decent. Where's the rest of the car? I know you said pieces, but that valve cover's only one of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure the OFF TOPIC section is not where you want something like a rebuild thread to be.
Can a mod please move thread to the correct section then? All of the other sections seemed to deal with questions and technical assistance and I didn't want to clutter them up. I didn't create this thread to be a "mine's better than yours" or to showoff, I created it to document progress on the reconstruction of a car. There will be pictures of the car later today. Like I said, this project is by no means fancy or special, just getting another stock 240 back on the road.
:cheers

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Can a mod please move thread to the correct section then? All of the other sections seemed to deal with questions and technical assistance and I didn't want to clutter them up. I didn't create this thread to be a "mine's better than yours" or to showoff, I created it to document progress on the reconstruction of a car. There will be pictures of the car later today. Like I said, this project is by no means fancy or special, just getting another stock 240 back on the road.
:cheers
The multi-media section is usually where re-built threads are done. :supercool You can see all kinds of junk cars turned into great machines (minus tacky paint schemes, juice machines, dj equipment popping out from the trunk...)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The multi-media section is usually where re-built threads are done. :supercool You can see all kinds of junk cars turned into great machines (minus tacky paint schemes, juice machines, dj equipment popping out from the trunk...)
Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated. :newbie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went out to my friend's place today to take a few shots of the mess (aka, 240) and brought back the hood, which I sanded and primed.

Here's a shot of a soon to be clean and filled engine bay.

A VERY filthy interior...

Shot of the KA24DE...

Hood after a sand and prime...

One day.

Also, these are the wheels I will be getting with the deal, the suspension as well. I gotta say, I love the fitment!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yo. hows the progress? im almost done rebuilding my ka24de as well. what all ya doing to it guy? 93 fastback to. but i threw a ka24e in it just so i could drive my 240 while i was rebuilding the OG motor. anyways. what the news pics?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on the progress!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts