- get new windshield
- Install o2 sensor (Done)
- Get tires for the other 3 se-r wheels
- All maint items (plugs, wires, etc.)
- Change trans oil (AMSoil 75w-90)

THEN mods
- Install front strut tower bar
- Ebay intake piping with Apexi Power Intake Filter
- Apexi Noir Exhaust (need to be low key and quieter)
- Megan Racing springs (car already has eibachs and KYB AGX shocks but i STILL have 3 finger gap in front and rear. I want 1 finger.)
- SE Fogs wired to parking lights

I think thats a realistic list for now.

woot!

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

Now i heard that RSRs arent good with KYB AGX's. Can anyone recommend a good spring that goes pretty low, and is a good match for AGX's? This wheel gap is killing me.

Also i went to replace my o2 sensor, and normally o2s screw in and out... but the one on the header had this nut attached to it, and screwed into the header. a normal o2 wouldnt fit in the hole. my friend recommended i go to an exhaust shop and have them weld/get a new nut and retro the new one on, which i may do. Any ideas?

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Who said that about the RS-R's? My only other choice next to the RS-R's would be the MR springs that Scott has (suprafreak)

also if your going to get a Header, get the OBX, those things are a waste of money

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
I Recommend this Intake, this Filter (Apex'I Replica), and this Header

Though I'm kind of thinking your looking @ those headers for emissions purpose? Keeping the DP Cats?

If not then top off the Exhaust system w/ one of these

Also I dont recc. the Apex'I Exhaust systems because they start as 75mm then make it's way to 80mm to 85mm,

Full OBX Exhaust? lmao

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thanks.

Now i heard that RSRs arent good with KYB AGX's. Can anyone recommend a good spring that goes pretty low, and is a good match for AGX's? This wheel gap is killing me.

Also i went to replace my o2 sensor, and normally o2s screw in and out... but the one on the header had this nut attached to it, and screwed into the header. a normal o2 wouldnt fit in the hole. my friend recommended i go to an exhaust shop and have them weld/get a new nut and retro the new one on, which i may do. Any ideas?
I have tein Lowering springs, They're pretty legit. I cant fit 3 fingers in the wheel gap in the front nor rear.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i recommend this intake, this filter (apex'i replica), and this header

though i'm kind of thinking your looking @ those headers for emissions purpose? Keeping the dp cats?
Yea, plus the car already has a DP on there, so all i need is the header portion. and i believe the car has a test pipe as well. Smells oh so great in traffic :yummy but yet i only have a code for the front o2. i dont feel like spending too much, so im anyone knows of a 96+ OEM header for sale lemme know.

Im basically trying to get it in emissions passing friendly mode, then once inspection is over (November 09) i could care less. NJ does the plug in test for 96+, so no sniffer for me.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres the part thats practically WELDED to my old o2

o2 sensor nut 240sx - Google Product Search

maybe i should just get a new one? If thats the case then i wont have to shell for a header and save some money for now.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
screw all that header and air filter bullshit
what you want is
->full bushing set
->solid subframe bushings ( if you dropped your subframe already swap the diff bushings too!!)
->stiffer engine and transmission mounts

these should be your first mods, i really dont understand why everyone wants to have more power in the first place :p i always had fun being able to drive through a corner in my city without losing speed haha

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Dude, Suspension first, Then engine mods. Your ka will live long! so stop worrying about modding it. Get some good coilovers and like jakob said, a full bushing set. Engine and trans mounts.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahah i jusgt want a intake and a MUCH quieter/low key exhaust. thats all i want engine wise for now. i was thinking of getting those tein springs, keeping the current KYB's, putting tires on the se-r wheels, painting them black, put some 20-25mm spacers and some tint.

i definately need some subframe bushings though, as i get a beautiful clunk when i shift into gear, and hit certain bumps.

are subframe bushings hard to replace? and i was thinking of the SPL solids. Is vibration increased by much? i dont realy mind though. i've wanted a car with this kind of character for a long time (vibrations, shaking wheel @ 80, bumpy, feel EVERYTHING through the wheel) ahh..

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Subframe bushings require a Sawzaw, And fire. If you want a car with character. Get solid aluminum subframe bushings and solid aluminum diff bushings. Vibration will be increased but it wont be like ear wrenching teeth chattering vibration.

By Sawzaw....im sure my boy Phil here meant Sawzall better known as a reciprocating saw. Lol. I have a write up in the Install Forum on how to do it.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahaha +1

i replaced the old o2 + nut with a new o2 + nut from the local nissan dealership> installed it tonight at work (couldnt wait) plugged in my obd2 scanner and read and erased the codes.

Now its a waiting game to see if everything "readys". So far no CEL, and everything seems smoother and i even get some more POPs out of the exhaust.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Replaced the spark plugs today. Car had some cheap Autolite Plats in there. They were hella dirty and looked old as fuck. I put some "ol faithful" NGK Vpower plugs, and everything seems even more responsive and peppy. My idle is even a bit smoother.

I have a small exhaust leak in the catback, but ive decided to put that on hold until i replace the catback completely and add a cat.

1 - 20 of 3015 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.