Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone own this intercooler, is it of good quality, what size are the inlet and outlet piping. would this be a sufficient intercooler if i was only planning on boosting as high as 12, but running at stock boost level normally.
any comments or reviews on this intercooler would be great, and has anyone bought those 400$ ebay intercooler kits? if so how are those? has anyone actually tested the pressure drop on those kits?
thanks

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
i dont have this but its a pretty common FMIC kit that majority of people use. Supportable for 400hp or so i believe. Not sure of the inlet and oulet but i think there 2.25" or 2.5". Cant go wrong with it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i have a greddy v-spec kit and love it. i run 13.5-17 psi daily with mine. it does support 400whp but is tested at over 40psi at the factory. my guess is that it can support more than 400 but that is a reliale very safe amount of power to be pushing for its use. i am however thinking about upgrading to an ARC unit in the future. inlet is 3" and outlet is 2.5 on the greddy(correct me if im wrong)

·
Registered
397 Posts
datboibrad said:
the new hybrid intercooler setup > vspec greddy and cheaper
agreed. the only downside to the hybrid gt spec is the size, it hangs down a good inch or two below the bumper if u dont have a lip, but the thing looks wicked and works great. also the piping comes with a hotpipe which the greddy doesnt and its perfect for recirculating the stock bov. also, hiprollc had great customer service which i wont forget.

·
Registered
277 Posts
golfer17 said:
agreed. the only downside to the hybrid gt spec is the size, it hangs down a good inch or two below the bumper if u dont have a lip, but the thing looks wicked and works great. also the piping comes with a hotpipe which the greddy doesnt and its perfect for recirculating the stock bov. also, hiprollc had great customer service which i wont forget.
very well said.

·
Registered
277 Posts
MrDriftR said:
i have a greddy v-spec kit and love it. i run 13.5-17 psi daily with mine. it does support 400whp but is tested at over 40psi at the factory. my guess is that it can support more than 400 but that is a reliale very safe amount of power to be pushing for its use. i am however thinking about upgrading to an ARC unit in the future. inlet is 3" and outlet is 2.5 on the greddy(correct me if im wrong)
well the amount of boost it can hold vs the cooling capacity it has are two different things.

its just like turbo's that can handle 500hp but only support 30psi. which basically means the turbo has 30 psi of play room to make 500hp. so if you make 500hp on 12 lbs then great, but you boost anything higher your maxing out the turbo and working it past its efficiency range which will cause problems. same rule applys to the intercooler. regardless of boost level in can only properly cool 400~whp

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info guys...BTW whats the tank size on the intercooler

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
24x11x2.75? thats the size of mine (end tanks not included)

·
Registered
277 Posts

uses only two pipes and has better inner fin design then the RSPL. rumor has it that enjuku racing is switching from the blitz/greddy setups to the new hybrid setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry guys, im sort of a newcomer, but where can I find a place to purchase the Hybrid kit. I'm doing a redtop into a 97 model, so I need the S13 kit......right

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Hybrid GT Spec off of Ebay for $400. The piping doent fit super good, but with alittle bit of tweeking it fits good. You basically have to use the brackets they give you as rough estimates where you should mount it. I have suspicions that the top of the cold pipe and the top of the hotpipe are not Hybrid products, because they are starting to corrode and the hotpipe is like every other ebay it without a bend (like the greddy one). The hotpipe starts to hit the intake and MAF so i just went back to the stock hotpipe.

^^See, it hangs about and inch below the stock bumper cover, but you cant notice until you get down and look.

^^Notice where the coldpipe meets the TB coupler, it is alittle off, but with a little shimmy, no boost leak.

^^See the Hotpipe hitting the filter/MAF

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
^thats one nice s13.

madslide said:
Sorry guys, im sort of a newcomer, but where can I find a place to purchase the Hybrid kit. I'm doing a redtop into a 97 model, so I need the S13 kit......right
lol, how the hell are u posting here without 20 posts in the beginners section??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts