Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got myself a jdm S13 VLSD diff with axles from a place that I usually import parts from in Japan and they have never sold me anything that was damaged or had issues and was told this diff and axles were in good working condition when removed. A couple of friends and I installed the diff and axles properly without cutting any corners and properly drained the diff and filled it with Royal Purple fluid. Ive never had an lsd before so im new to this but when I make slow speed turns like making a u-turn on my street or pulling into a parking spot at the store the whole car shutters like crazy. It also makes a really weird noise and shutters when I put my car in reverse. We double checked to make sure everything was bolted up tight and working properly under the car and everything is working properly.So I had my uncle make slow speed turns on my street the other day to see what its doing from outside the vehicle and it looks like the rear tires are just spinning trying to get grip and nothing looked or sounded out of the ordinary other then that and you couldnt even really tell it was shuddering from the outside either. So is it suppose to be that way? Is it just a thing it does during the break-in period with the new fluid? any advice would be helpful. Im just concerned about the violent shuddering I dont think it should be doing that.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Its possible that the past owner in japan either shimmed the vlsd or replaced it with an actual good lsd. I would take the time and pull it back off and open up the cover to see what is actually inside. Once you get good at it you can have the diff out in 20 mins......

But Its kinda important to know what type lsd is in there so you run the right kind of fluid or additive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah good point I was actually concidering taking it back off and opening it up as well...it seems to engage more agressive then the stock vlsd should and I was wondering the samething, that maybe the previous owner installed a 2-way or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts