Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heh, i don't think i've ever posted pictures of this ganky old car. it's my mom's first car, she bought it brand new back in 1981. all origional, she's the only ever owner, and it's got 81 thousand origional miles. i don't know, i just love the way these 1st gen cars looked and performed, even though they have almost zero horsepower and a 1.1L carbeurated rotary. here ya go guys :) bathe in it's ever-lasting "cute" :greddy: .

·
Registered
745 Posts
haha sweet, my buddy had one of those with a turbo'd 13b in it... stupid fast that thing was until we blew it up (DOH!)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
nice sa... whish i could find one around here that looks good enough like that one..

i would get one but i dont need another 2 seater...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
sr240dett3 said:
yea what year they came out.. like 84 ? maybe even earlyer

there stupid popular around here.. lol
79-85.. in late 85 is when they started production of the fc3s.. :supercool

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
Yeah ... the RX8 just doesn't live up to the old FBs, FCs, and FDs.

My dad had a pair of FBs back in the day and swapped an FC motor into one of them and rebuilt the transmission in one. Had an auto and a manual ... one for mom, one for him :) Used to love driving around in those cars with him ...

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
My dad bought a 79 brand new! What does he do? He sells it 3 months before I get my learners permit and buys a Buick Century! A MUTHAF*CKIN CENTURY! I come home from school one day and see it sitting in the driveway and I'm like WTF is that? I ain't driving that thing! Oh well!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's not ever going to be modded. it needs a repaint and the interior needs to be taken apart and tacked back together again, but my mom is going to wait until i'm out of the house and in college (and therefore not driving it) before she restores it. as the future next owner of the car, i've ordered my stepdad (the one in charge of the restoration) to NOT do anything at ALL aftermarket to it. that car shall remain a crown jewel of what a bone stock 1981 mazda rx-7 should be. i am however in need of one single part for it. that piece of trim that goes around the shift boot. the old one had al the little nibs that held the rubber boot on break off.

dings wise, there is only one, single ding ANYWHERE on the body at ALL, it's that tiny thing on the front left fender that needs to be popped. but aside from that, there's no rust, there has never been a fluid leak, and the scariest thing is, it's never used oil o_O i know rotaries inject it into the housing as part of the cycle, but the amount of oil this car uses is so miniscule, you can't even tell with the dipstick when it's time for an oil change.

thanks for all the feedback on it :thumbsup it's a wonderful little car with a fun little motor, snickety-perfect gearbox and amazing balance. the only problem i have with it is the brakes are semi-metallic, so they squeak like nobody's fucking business.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MAYBE some mesh wheels, but definitely i'm gonna buy the damn thing a set of new brake pads, before i end up taking a pickaxe to the car o_O that squeaking drives me up the fucking walls.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:D

i intend to make it an all-origional classic showcar rx-7's are so pretty i.m.o. but i don't intend to do ANY modifications that aren't OEM, but MAYBE wheels. i actually might get some of the other trim level wheels.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.