·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know i may come off as a retard but help me out here guys

bottom of motor buy crank pully on the timing cover

top of timing cover buy valv cover

behind thermostat housing on timing chain cover

oh and does the power steering pump have a mounting bracket... and how is driving with no power steering on a 240 i drove a 92 ford tauris with now power steering for like a year how would it be compared to that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
now in that last pic i can see the thermostat in place.... what the heck goes over that hole... its only 2 bolts... and in the first pic... is it realy just a metal cover of some sort? any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
in the third pic there is a metal plate that you bolt down on the thermometer. But connected to the plate is a rubber hose which comes from the intake manifold

·
Registered
230 Posts
bumish, is that the cover i sent you? if so, i sent everything but the oil pump. the oil pump goes in the spot in the first pic. the second pic is for the power steering which i have if you need it. and the third pic is for the radiator hose, and another hose that hooks up to a little metal thing. if its the cover i sent, it should be in there. don't remember if i sent the hoses or not though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yea sil this is the cover you sent me... i dont know where i would have put that friggan cover.... i think i know what youre talking about tho. i have the power steering pump but i dont think i have the mountin bracket... wait ahhh i might ill take more pics of what i do have left and just post it up on here... oh the starter you sent is in place... i thought the oilpump was the thing that went in the hole on the top that connects to the distributor and is bolted on buy 2 bolts...

·
Registered
230 Posts
no, it goes in the bottom, exactly opposite. in fact, theres also a little shaft that goes in and connects the two together, i'm going to assume you don't have that either. i have 2 extra pumps if you can't afford a new one and the little shaft thingy. i already sent you the gasket for the pump, it was in the plastic bag with the manifold bolts. same deal as before, pay for shipping and i'll send them out if you need them. i also have an extra power steering bracket too if you need it. just PM me when you know what you need. oh and if you just stuck the cover on after it got there, i didn't tighten the bolts down on anything so you might want to double check them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts