• Teabag DOB

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have been following my build thread lately, you may know that my sc has a blown HG and some flywheel/starter problems + the damaged QP. The cost to fix this in total will amount to over 2k+ (600-800+ for HG + possible machine work) (??? on starter + 1800+ for qp and paint)

My question to my fellow 240F brethren is this:

Do i keep the SC, fix it, and continue, not knowing if anything else will fail....or do i cut my losses, sell it and get myself a decent S14?

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Keep it and fix it.

Its the only thing that will help you get some girl action, S14 will keep them away.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
If you can strait across trade for an s14 (or pay what you sold the sc for) then you would spend over 2k to make the s14 fast....so, depending on how fast your SC is...would it be cheaper to fix the sc or build an s14 to the equivilent of your SC? Thats the question.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My SC isint fast at all. Even after i put I/H/E i'll be LUCKY if i run low 15s. Car is Epic slow unless i drop another 3k on turbo/tuning. Being 3600+lb Sucks.

A S14 with a low boost (10-12lb) KA-T would be scores faster than the SC. Cost wise, i'd end up spending the same amount making either fast. But the 240 would be much easier to make fast, with less power, and cheaper as well. being 27xxlb is FTW.

The conundrum continues...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
My SC isint fast at all. Even after i put I/H/E i'll be LUCKY if i run low 15s. Car is Epic slow unless i drop another 3k on turbo/tuning. Being 3600+lb Sucks.

A S14 with a low boost (10-12lb) KA-T would be scores faster than the SC. Cost wise, i'd end up spending the same amount making either fast. But the 240 would be much easier to make fast, with less power, and cheaper as well. being 27xxlb is FTW.

The conundrum continues...

I would ditch the sc then....Maybe get something different than an s14. There no other cheaper car you want? Im going v8 RWD this time...The sound and feel is worth the gas.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would ditch the sc then....Maybe get something different than an s14. There no other cheaper car you want? Im going v8 RWD this time...The sound and feel is worth the gas.
I dont really have any others in mind. cause ive always wanted a S14. :) Easy to find, light, many many mod options, rare to find modified (at least around here) and cheaper on insurance.

Plus the SC is a freakin boat! i took it on a few spirited drives on some backroads around here and i felt like the car was gonna flip the fuck over on stock suspension. Shit, my old 95 corolla handled better with a blown driver-side shock + stock suspension. I took corners at 50+ lol. While the SC plowed into corners, and didnt feel any confidence in the wheel at all. Very numb.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Then its pretty clear what you should do. S14....There is not a kouki within 75 miles of here for sale....Think next time I go to texas...it will be for a car.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then its pretty clear what you should do. S14....There is not a kouki within 75 miles of here for sale....Think next time I go to texas...it will be for a car.
We'll see how things pan out.

No kouki's within 75mi? sucks man :tears You should come to NJ lol. IN the classifieds, you can find a zenk/kouk pretty easy. Most seem to be auto (on the major sites like autotrader) , but if you look at the forum classifieds/craigslist, you can find one pretty quick in Zenki/5spd.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
We'll see how things pan out.

No kouki's within 75mi? sucks man :tears You should come to NJ lol. IN the classifieds, you can find a zenk/kouk pretty easy. Most seem to be auto (on the major sites like autotrader) , but if you look at the forum classifieds/craigslist, you can find one pretty quick in Zenki/5spd.

Auto would be fine...when i did the engine swap id just do the conversion at the same time....And auto would be less likely to be modded and ran to shit.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I think you should sell it. As sad as it makes me, the s14 will serve you perfectly. I think you could probably get a Zenki and have some moneys left over from the SC. At least around here the rich kids LOVE to drive a Lexus no matter what. Might be able to make more than it's worth.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
fix the head gasket on the motor and swap it in the s14 chassis, ha.

i dunno, sc's are cool and all, but you cant beat the aftermarket support, availablity of used/cheap aftermarket/oem parts, and my favorite... power to weight ratio of the s-chassis...

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I'm so glad everyone else agress that tbaggin DOB is the best solution to your problem!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
get an s14... i like them much better (btw... i almost spelled 'much' as 'mutch' lmfao) rwd... look a lot better.... loads more potential... and the status symbol to the younger peeps! think you are a god!

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the question has been answered.

I must teabag dob, then get a S14! :rotflmao

See sig

get an s14... i like them much better (btw... i almost spelled 'much' as 'mutch' lmfao) rwd... look a lot better.... loads more potential... and the status symbol to the younger peeps! think you are a god!
Potential is right. Plus ill actually have TRUNK space, and the car will handle worth a damn stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts