Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok from what the title says not sure what i should get, ive been drifting a few months now with my stock 240sx and wanna do some mods so any ideas what to do only have $1600 to spend so cant get to many things was thinking coilovers or maybe lsd not sure yet so need some feedback.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've heard good stuff about Megan's Coil-overs. If you have some money left over, I'd look towards getting some exhaust and a air-filter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
take that 1600 and save for a sr swap,( I would). Megans arnt that bad my friend just bought some, he swears by them. but yeah if you want to drift start with suspension then motor,A cheap and good setup would be something like, coilovers,front and rear sway bars,strut bars front and rear then bushing swap, but then again you also want to make sure your car is in tip top condition. Also a good set of front tires!
Do it the right way, not the rice way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you should start with suspension, it's just the proper way of doing things I guess. I'm still newb to this stuff and have no personal experience with types of suspension but I've been browsing the phase 2 motortrend site for a couple days now, they got some good suspension kits.

I persoanlly like those...I guess cause they look nice. lol They also got megans there, if you're a a daily driver and drifter I guess these might be good for you?

Megan Racing Street Coilover S13/S14

Tein also has a Super Drift Coilover thats on the site as well

just trying to help out, so hope my input was worth your time

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i would get the kts coilovers. and you will have some money left over & you could prob get a vlsd & half-shafts with the rest. but if it were me and i was going to drift and beat on it, i would do all of my maintenece stuff first. also mayb get a lower temp thermo if your gonna b at the track often.

·
Registered
126 Posts
depends where u live u can get sr swaps 4 1600 easy if u live on the east i know i guy that sells clean srs 4 1600 plus shipping depending on where u live

·
Registered
129 Posts
depends where u live u can get sr swaps 4 1600 easy if u live on the east i know i guy that sells clean srs 4 1600 plus shipping depending on where u live
whos this guy and wheres he at on the east coast? im in va, and i would go with coilovers and then get a lsd thats prolly your 1600, i would get some stance but the megan streets are pretty good plus you would have some extra money for an lsd and some strut bars and some bushings maybe

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can spend on an intake and if the bottom end motor is bad you can buy a rebuild kit for the ka. or well you can earn money to do a sr swap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts