Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....
I need a quick tip on how big of a turbo can i run on my rb20det...
Specs on my Rb20det:
FMIC
Walbro fuel pump
hks 3in exhaust
hks 3in down pipe
hks 3in dump pipe
rb25 turbo
550 rc injectors
and everything else is factory im trying to at least get close to 300hp.... Let me know if i have the right setup to reach that and what size turbo i should get that would work with my setup...
thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
how much hp do you have now? you might be able to get pretty close to 300 on a good tune since you already upgraded to a rb25 turbo and have bigger injectors

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know how much hp i got exact but im guessing around 240 or a little bit more..i'll be happy with 290 or so but i dont want to push the factory rb25 turbo

·
Registered
466 Posts
the factory turbo can handle 300whp. ive seen it numerous times. maybe u should ask carl H for a tune and see how u like it

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
i'd venture a guess that a super 60 turbo would get you close to 300, else the good old hks gt2530 definately will do it.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Get a t3/4. It will run 11's on an RB20DET. And, you could run lower boost levels and still make the power you want. Lower boost is better for reliability. I think that was Newton's 6th law.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you really think the t3/4 would make the 20 do 11s? thats pretty fast...the only problem is finding someone to tune it for me...and in boston theirs nobody

·
Registered
5 Posts
if theres any more input available on this subject to be had, ill be following this along with several other threads. looking at the rb swap for my coupe. im looking to make in the area of 250-270rwhp. so ill be following some parts trails from some other members as far as what to buy.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
Dude, you really have to pay attention to the threads you bump. This one is eight months old. Try looking for something more recent.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i say go with a gt30/32 should be pretty responsive. with either one of those set up right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.