Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what im looking for:
a year that is drift friendly (im assuming getting one without HICAS?)
aftermarket suspension parts friendly
black interior
rear windshield wiper (or is that only on jdm models?)
i plan on using a lot of 180sx parts (climate control, tail lights, etc)
5 speed

i dont know much about 240 fastbacks, so any insight would be helpful :supercool

·
Registered
160 Posts
sil eighty said:
this is what im looking for:
a year that is drift friendly (im assuming getting one without HICAS?)
aftermarket suspension parts friendly
black interior
rear windshield wiper (or is that only on jdm models?)
i plan on using a lot of 180sx parts (climate control, tail lights, etc)
5 speed

i dont know much about 240 fastbacks, so any insight would be helpful :supercool

HAAHAH

look here for starters..
http://driftkat.com/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i plan on getting a 180sx clip so i can have all the parts for the climate control...what's so funny?

thanks for the link btw...it answered all my other questions.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
as far as hatchbacks go, essentially all 89-94 240sx hb's are identical minus the fact that certain models had the hicas system and the 89-90 sohc motor and the 91-94 doch motor.....as far as being 'drift friendly' goes, u should try to find one with the least amount of options for example no power windows, no power door locks, no sunroof, no cruise control, etc...to save weight. however, obviously, this is not required. my car has every option except hicas and i drift it all the time with relative ease....its all about practice.

ps: rear window wiper wasnt jdm only, my car has one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
They are all pretty parts friendly. Avoid the hicas, too much weight, and like ladiesman said the fewer the options the better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had a 91 HICAS and it wasn't too bad - i hated the HICAS but the suspension was way better. also included VLSD and a really thick rear anti roll bar.

·
Registered
118 Posts
if I remember correctly you can't get the rear wiper on the base model. so if a rear wiper is essential, then you will need to get atleast 1 or two step up from the base.. if you can find a 91 or newer the DOHC get's better gas mileage :)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
you mean my rear windshield wiper (that i forgot to shave lol) isn't jdm? damn

·
Registered
25 Posts
Spartagtr said:
does a sunroof have negative effects on rigidity?
I don't think it overly affects rigidity, since there is a lot of extra material associated with them, but it does add a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
angelthepig said:
hicas is a system that makes wheels act like AWD i think. whatever. google it, theres plenty of info on it.
thats not right. hicas stands for High Capacity Actively Controlled Suspension. hicas is simply 4 wheel steering. when u go around a turn, the rear wheels turn slightly in the same direction as the front wheels. the rear wheels dont turn much but it is good for hard cornering. bad for drift.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ladiesman8527 said:
thats not right. hicas stands for High Capacity Actively Controlled Suspension. hicas is simply 4 wheel steering. when u go around a turn, the rear wheels turn slightly in the same direction as the front wheels. the rear wheels dont turn much but it is good for hard cornering. bad for drift.
Kinda like the older 3000GT's, I assume? Thats cool, for a daily driver I guess.

·
Registered
40 Posts
One bad thing about sunroofs is Coilovers. A friend of my has a set of 9kg coilovers and has cracked his sunroof twice just from chassi twists...Other then that I dont see problems with them...

1990 240sx DOHC swap and 91-94 front bumper....Spray painted white..Lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts