Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im just about to buy a 5 speed swap and the transmission has 300,000 kilometers on it.
i do spirited driving with some buddies every once in a while but it's mostly just daily driven.
i plan on buying new master/slave cylinder, clutch and everything, just wondering if any one here has
a 5 speed with roughly the same mileage.
i know all transmission wear is different because of how each individual driver drives his/her car, im just looking to see if it's worth buying the transmission due to the high mileage.

hopefully that makes sense.

thanks in advance :1bowdown

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
300k km is about 160k? 180k? there are plenty of people who has higher mileage car than that

but i suggest u buy a transmission rebuild kit before u swap it in

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Yeah, if anything, I'd replace the synchros. They're designed to wear out over time, so you could use some new ones. I know I wish I'd have replaced them before I swapped my 5-speed in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
mine has 230k and it still runs strong *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome guys, thanks for the replies, i'll definitely look into replacing the synchros. is that something that can be diy or is that a shop only kind of thing because i love working on my car and if it was do able at home without any special tools then i'd rather do it my self. again, thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts