Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting new rims for my ride and am just wondering what is the widest rims i can put on my ride and the offset. I am planning to go 17" rims all around but am not sure on how wide. I want the deep dish look. Any suggestions? I want my car to look flushed with the rims on. I haven't rolled my fenders so watever could fit the oem fenders.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
11" in the rear, and 9-9.5" front. That is about the max though. You can get 10's rear and 8-9" front. Offset would need to be something fairly low. I would go 15-25 front and 20-28 rear... Depending on who you go with will also dictate your "deep dish". Like Volk for example has multiple disk depth's, but you will need to spend some bank on them....Edit I take that last part back. Buy the kind of mods you have I doubt you will be able to afford the Volks, so your best bet will most likley be Sport Max...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I was just looking at the type of mods he has, and I didn't think he could/would want to spend $2500+ just for wheels. I didn't mean to come off as a dick though...

·
Registered
404 Posts
just get something that is 9". it'll be plenty wide. I'm fitting 17x10 but I have +12 offset. and 17x9 in front.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
DLSracing said:
Buy the kind of mods you have I doubt you will be able to afford the Volks, so your best bet will most likley be Sport Max...
Well for your info DLS Racing check out my car and your car and see who's ride looks better. You should have asked someone before you bought those rims. What were you thinking. I'm running 17x8 Enkei Racing old school drift rims wrapped on Falken Azenies 235/60/17 in the rear and 225/60/17 in the front. RB is on the way. Just wanted to know how wide i can go. Think before you type. Pretty high confidence on your ride but your ride sure needs some work.:happyfing

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
180s13 said:
Well for your info DLS Racing check out my car and your car and see who's ride looks better. You should have asked someone before you bought those rims. What were you thinking. I'm running 17x8 Enkei Racing old school drift rims wrapped on Falken Azenies 235/60/17 in the rear and 225/60/17 in the front. RB is on the way. Just wanted to know how wide i can go. Think before you type. Pretty high confidence on your ride but your ride sure needs some work.:happyfing
I think my car looks better yours. I have also been told several times that I have one of the cleanest 240s around. Why would I ask someone about the wheels I bought though? No one has them so who am I supposed to ask? Also where did I say anything about my car? My car actually needs very little work I am basically done with it. And yes I do have some pretty high confidence in my car...

Now I am glad you have some old ass Enkei wheels that you think are the shit and all, but I could care less. Also stop calling them Rims they are Wheels. Only degenerates call them Rimz. Now I apologized for my previous comment, but I stand by it now. Jeez you newbs are getting on my nerves...

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
180s13 said:
1. enkei didn't make "old school drift rims". which tells me you don't know what's on your car.
2. you aren't running 235/60/17's or 225/60/17's. those tire sizes wouldn't fit in your fender wells.
3. it's azenis, not azenies.
4. there are 3 types of azenis on the market, one of which is discontinued, so specify rt215, 615, or st115 if you're going to try and make yourself look good.
5. an arguement over who's car looks better is stupid and childish, but then again, you asked about "rims with deep dish" which tells me you don't know what you're looking for.

go ahead, try and tell me i don't know shit, and blah blah blah. DLS already stated he wasn't trying to be an ass, and you went ahead and jumped on him. now go make another dumb decision and pick up some sportmax's to kill your car's performance, but help it's looks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well my buddy has 10's but he cut fender wells and custom fabbed more so he could run and not rub... I have 9's on mine and 7's on he front.. both 17"

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
180s13 said:

Why should he have to asked someone what type of wheels he should get for HIS car? I don't know, maybe I'm dumb to think that people like to mod their car to their likings. Who's "ride":greddy: looks better is strickly a matter of opinion. Trying to argue your opinion is better than someone else's is a waste of time.

The info your looking for is easily found through a web search, offsets and tire/wheel sizing is explained on quite a few sites I've been to.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
raen419 said:
1. enkei didn't make "old school drift rims". which tells me you don't know what's on your car.
2. you aren't running 235/60/17's or 225/60/17's. those tire sizes wouldn't fit in your fender wells.
3. it's azenis, not azenies.
4. there are 3 types of azenis on the market, one of which is discontinued, so specify rt215, 615, or st115 if you're going to try and make yourself look good.

5. an arguement over who's car looks better is stupid and childish, but then again, you asked about "rims with deep dish" which tells me you don't know what you're looking for.

go ahead, try and tell me i don't know shit, and blah blah blah. DLS already stated he wasn't trying to be an ass, and you went ahead and jumped on him. now go make another dumb decision and pick up some sportmax's to kill your car's performance, but help it's looks.
:4owned

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
hm....i guess we ran him off....oh well
maybe he'll learn not to jump on people when they OBVIOUSLY didn't mean anything by what they said, and made that PERFECTLY clear.

fucking kids.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts