Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what it did to my car wasnt too bad. I think the scuffs that are down the side was actually from one of the nylon bands that stay coated in rubber. Most of the marks look like they can be buffed out (and if they cant oh well, I think it looks badass and im fixing to go through town to display the wounds). Down tward the bottom it is actually getting into the metal where the metal bands were snapped and hitting it. The tire was so swolen where the bands were snapped!

I posted this to make people think about it just a little. Also, it would have been much worse if I wasnt running so much camber, if the tire wore evenly across it would have been hell.

This took 7 runs to accomplish on these tires. They are BFG and had good tread to start out with, especially on the inside. Half way through the 2nd to last run I wasnt even getting into boost, it felt as if I were on ice and I couldnt get any speed and I was taking the long way around all of the corners as I coudlnt stay tight. I decided to run on them again haha, and they really let go on me on that run...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
BF-Goodridge tires do that.

never using those tires again for drifting.

switch over to Admerals and LingLongs. they are cheaper and last longer, and smoke more.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I think I saw that battle wound actually haha. My buddies and I watched you drive off after that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
hmmm I should post the side of my car, Almost ate tread as it flew by and hit my driver side mirror. In the tire's defense I felt it go down but was having to much fun to let off the throttle lol. Come on man it was mid drift....

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post it up. Id like to see. Im gong to start being allot smarter about my tires. If I hear flapping but still have traction they are probably still good and its just getting ready to throw some off, but when I have no traction its time to switch them out. I had to spend a few hours getting a tire off a wheel recently after North Carolina after I let it wear down all the way and loose a large bit of the tire. The tire was so weak I couldnt break the bead and had to end up cutting the darn thing off. It sucked.

·
Registered
329 Posts
lol I would had liked to been there to see that, Never seen a tire cut of the rim before.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for posting images right click the picture, copy the image location, click the picture button in the formatting toolbar over the text window. Paste the image location.

For photobucket images like you have shown just copy the direct link info.

There you go, and wtf happened? It looks like more than just a tire coming apart, unless you decided to drift on it the rest of the day or something!

·
Registered
329 Posts
lol no dude I was in 2nd gear at 5000-6000 (open diff at the time), this was when I was learning and was a bit ooooooover aggressive hence the high rpms. So I knew the tires were about to go but I wasn't sure when (still learning) and all a sudden BOOM! the whole tread came off the tire and even hit my mirror! and I said fuck it and kept on the gas until I spun out. You can see in the pic it put a big dent in the rear of my counter panel, same thing happen to the other side but no where near as bad. The dents seen near the door were there when I bought the car not from the tire. I still haven't cleaned off the marks, personally I like seeing people look at my car and wondering lol especially cops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts