Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what ground to buy

Apexi Super Ground System vs. HKS Circle Earth System

both seem pretty good but i was wondering if anyone knew if one was better then another?

·
Registered
230 Posts
just make your own. it would be the same thing and cost less.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he apexi one has a brain box that does something that i bet i cant make and i think the HKS has one too...

G

·
it's a voltage stabilizer. that's all it is. you don't need it. if you want to be smart about it, make your own, save money, make something with proper length cables that aren't taught or slacking. or waste 150 bucks on fucking wires.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah come to think of it i can get caust on speaker wires... could i just use those? and what wires do i need to rerun?

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
What wrong w/ The stock OEM one you have already?

Dont all cars come w/ discharge wires all over the car?

Or am I trippin?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
pte.240 said:
yeah come to think of it i can get caust on speaker wires... could i just use those? and what wires do i need to rerun?
The best wire to use would be the thickest stranded copper wire you can find. Then crimp on new connectors. Copper connectors would be the best flowing with the least amount of resistance but they will corrode easier then aluminum. The main grounds(intake manifold and head) are the ones you want to focus on. Adding new grounds to the chassis will help as well.

240-kid said:
What wrong w/ The stock OEM one you have already?

Dont all cars come w/ discharge wires all over the car?

Or am I trippin?
Discharge? They are ground wires. Although they dont ground to anything, they return to the negative terminal of the battery. OEM wires can become crappy after a while and replacing the wires with a thicker, better quality wire will improve the flow of electricity back to the battery which will allow the positive current to travel faster and stronger with less resistance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah im looking for a blue wire to spice up the looks under my hood but that shouldnt be hard to find. could i use gold plated ends because it seems like they never corrode?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Check eBay, you can get low prices per foot. The one's you'll find on eBay will be be very thin strands of copper, within the insulation for flexability. You can also head down to Home depot. I know my local one had 2 gauge and I believe it was 3 strands of copper, but then again it was a pain to work with compaired to the zero gauge I bought off ebay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts