Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My s13 wiring harness is driving me crazy. I an going by what is on the FAQ page on heavy throttles web site. I am on the dash wiring and none of the wire colors match up. I am supposed to have a yellow wire with a red stripe for the tach, but that color isn't there. The plug from the SR harness doesn't match up at all with the KA harness. I dont know what is going and it is just pissing me off. Does anyone know what is going on? Please help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know i have called everywhere and they dont seem to know what im talking about. I was told that there should be a plug with 9 wires in it and you only need 6 of them, but the plug that is behind the glove conpartment has like 12 wires connected to it. Am i looking at the right spot for this plug?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
ECU & Dash wiring
The colors on the wires that run from the ECU up into the dash matched up perfectly on both the SR ECU harness and the KA dash harness:

Wire Color - Use
Yellow / Red stripe - Tachometer signal
Yellow / Green stripe - Speedometer signal
Orange- Ignition start
Black (may be more than one ground) - Ground
Blue / Green stripe- AC signal
Blue / Black stripe- Water temp signal

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
wittsilvia9 said:
I know i have called everywhere and they dont seem to know what im talking about. I was told that there should be a plug with 9 wires in it and you only need 6 of them, but the plug that is behind the glove conpartment has like 12 wires connected to it. Am i looking at the right spot for this plug?
The clip is extremly hard to get to...
i bet you have the wrong clip

its not behind the glove box, its like beside it i belive... like where the ECU gets mounted.. aroundw that area.. above the ecu mounting place

·
Registered
384 Posts
do you have a sohc? the sohc has 2 white connectors, one goes to the cluster, and the other one is just there i dunno wat it does. anyway, the one you need to use is the one at the end of the harness, after the ecu plug. pull off your glove box, then look to the right and youll find the connector that it needs to plug into. i hope that helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
there is a harnes for your gauges under the dash(up and to the right) ,if you remove the glovebox door you will see it,the colors match on both ka and sr harnesses,the connectors may not match (dont remember)all you have to do is match the same colors and connect them together.like sr20dett said.make sure you connect the orange wire otherwise you will have cold start prob.learned the hard way.hope this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What other plugs are under there? Becuase I am only seeing one, and its not the one i need (at least i dont think it is). How many wires are in the dash plug?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I juss had a look at the wiring harness and I was looking at the right plug, i found every wire except on the SR harness I can not find the AC signal wire, it should be a blue w/ green stripe, but all i see is a solid blue wire and a blue w/ white stripe. I dont know what to do now.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
If i am at my garage any time soon ill see if i can take a pic of the plug.
i bet u just arent able to find it, but its there bro.

did u pull out the KA ur self ?, did u remove the ECU ?

when u removed the main harrness off the ECU, there should of been that clip.

look around its there.. (should be)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am just going to go without AC for a while, no big deal, it is winter now and i shouldn't need AC till summer. Thanks for all the help tho.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have a s14 sr20det and used to have it in a 1991 super hicas with abs (dohc)...

now i have a 1989 240 (sohc) with the s14 sr20det...

The 91 had brown plug and the 89 has the white plug comming off the ecu... about 8 or 9 wires match up and left with a few on 91 and a few on 89... do i need to connect those unmatching ones or is the 8 or 9 all i need??

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is the brown 91 240 plug off ecu...the wires on right side match to s14 harness

This is the White 1989 240sx plug off ecu..The wires on right match up where it splits towards the back

i need to move 1 black wire over to the other side..so thats 9 matching..... but theres green/yellow green/white..like 2/3 blacks and a white (5-6) that connect to sr harness ecu right now....

The white clip has 7-8 that dont match up ... i dont know if i need them or not?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts