Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what that wrap is called? people usually use it when they tuck their harness... I cant find it anywhere....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is really close

but the one i want... is like the wiring harnesses on the hmmwvs... at work... its like a mesh/braided plastic wrap... that it looks like you slide it over a section of wire, hold one end and pull the other, and it tightens down on it...

I tried taking it off... but its impossible... cause the shit is on there tight...

·
Registered
245 Posts

the expandaable sleeving isnt really for wiring but it can be put there i havent seen anyone do it due to the connectors that it doesnt have a cut down it to just slide them in will be hard but doable. normaly used on hoses but the other wire option is wire "Loom" same thing factory uses but u can get diff colors or paint what you have.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true... but this is the same thing that is on the wiring harnesses at work... and they look sexy as fuck!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I`ve used the stuff before and it is not something you will do over the weekend .

This is a pic of the harness I made for my 16Vswap in my corrado , yes a VW . It does look good when it is all finished as opposed to split loom or tape .

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it will take a while...

But i have about 2 months to do it in.. And its gonna be done to my spare harness sitting in my room... so its not like it will be a thing that will absolutely have to get done ASAP. Thats why i want that one instead of the split one. Just cause it looks soo much better... and i would say it is much more durable.

Also... it would be a great post for a DIY thing. Since ill be able to go in depth with it since ill have lots of time.

Only thing i will have to do, is figure out which wires i will need to extend, and how i want it ran. Then after that, its cake... So ya. I guess ill put it in the DIY section when i start this thing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Black tape
i use that but i like to hide all the wiring so i wouldnt do the cover like that and it would posibly be easyer to do if u cut the clips off and resoder them on would make putting the cover on easy so u dont have to fight the ( )thick cover around a clip ( ) wide(i know the stuff streech's out to make it wider. and u can pic that stuff up at any performance shop local or any autoparts store. it comes with 3 sizes(made for hoses but has like 40 feet per package)

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
by the way your 14 needs work good luck. get rid of those rims please

1 - 12 of 12 Posts