Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
92 240sx ka24de original s13 MT w/HUD (Digital)

So my speedometer hasn't worked since I have got this car, but all of the sudden yesterday morning it came on when I turned the car on.. So later that day I remove my cluster in hopes of finding a loose connection and fix my speedometer..

Well, I removed the cluster pushed the wires into their connectors, and ended up spraying some wd40 into the connectors and putting it back in.

Just to turn around and pull it back out because now the only things that work are the: blinkers, hazards (blinkers lol), and fuel gauge.. Before I removed the cluster, EVERYTHING worked EXCEPT the speedometer.

I did notice the little brown plastic piece with a light bulb in it was missing from the back of the cluster when I took it back out. It was located where the copper circuitry labeled 'pwr' goes so I replaced it with the brown piece with light bulb from my ebrake indicator.. Nothing. Just the fuel gauge/blinkers work.

I tried securing the wires into the connectors and checking to see if anything new worked..Nope.

I have checked fuses by the hood release, and the fuses under the hood. Including the one on the positive battery cable..

Any help is appreciated

Edit: My problem is very similiar to this guys problem..(http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/47891...ument-cluster-interior-turnsignals-radio.html) And I did replace the battery, as he did... Turned out his solution was a FL 75 amp fuse for his alternator... Although my turn signals and windshield wipers do work, and his didnt.. sigh.. noone in town has one either.. What OHMS should it have? It is reading .2 ohms .. I checked for continuity on my circuit board of my cluster and it checked out good, although i had to take out a couple of bulbs and pry up on the copper contacts a tad for better connection... Only one that doesn t have continuity is the ebrake circuit, because the bulb (makes circuit) is missing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed, was a fuse afterall.. It was blown but not visibly. That is a first for me.. Go go gadget fuse tester.. (That I thought I would never use...)

Ckd continuity all across the board..from the cluster wire to ecu..ckd voltage..

At least I learned something..

:cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks. I'm having the same problem minus the HUD so Ill def check thoroughly for blown fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed, was a fuse afterall.. It was blown but not visibly. That is a first for me.. Go go gadget fuse tester.. (That I thought I would never use...)

Ckd continuity all across the board..from the cluster wire to ecu..ckd voltage..

At least I learned something..

:cheers
Which fuse was it? I’m having the exact same problem with my cluster. Not sure what fuse I’m looking for, I got a 1991 nissan Silvia k’s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts