Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a while now and don't have much luck on CarGurus or AutoTrader so thought I would post here
Looking to buy a stock, or mostly stock KA 97-98 240sx, a manual transmission is a must. Willing to consider 95/96 as well depending on how clean it is. The plan is to rebuild engine to put a stage 1 turbo. I just have fun in that range. My budget is 12k. have cash in hand.

If anyone has one of these guys or comes across one PLEASE pm me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wishing you tons of luck, and I really hope you find one. Finding a clean unmolested 240 (s13 or s14) is going to be a hard find, not saying they're not out there, but they are rare and the price is going up daily. Its a shame too, most nice ones from 10 years ago and earlier were quickly hacked up and turned into "drifters" or "drifter wannabees". In stock form they're such nice cars, never understood why most everyone that gets one, just turns them into douche mobiles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been looking for a while now and don't have much luck on CarGurus or AutoTrader so thought I would post here
Looking to buy a stock, or mostly stock KA 97-98 240sx, a manual transmission is a must. Willing to consider 95/96 as well depending on how clean it is. The plan is to rebuild engine to put a stage 1 turbo. I just have fun in that range. My budget is 12k. have cash in hand.

If anyone has one of these guys or comes across one PLEASE pm me.
You're looking for a unicorn. There were less than 6000 total US 97-98 models (combined for both years) and most of those were probably auto trans since Nissan was marketing them to young, white collar females.

Your best bet would be to find any manual car that's not been too thrashed and then work on the not too involved conversion the front and rear from zenki to kouki.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're looking for a unicorn. There were less than 6000 total US 97-98 models (combined for both years) and most of those were probably auto trans since Nissan was marketing them to young, white collar females.

Your best bet would be to find any manual car that's not been too thrashed and then work on the not too involved conversion the front and rear from zenki to kouki.
Probably right. I owned 1, but had to sell it a long in 2004, in hind sight I should have never let it go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts